Thread: 08 G35xS Sedan

n00b

Default 08 G35xS Sedan

Always been a fan of the G35/37 Coupes and the V36 G Sedan. Back in 08 I looked into purchasing a used G35 Coupe but it didn't end up happening and i purchased a new Mazdaspeed3 that I drove for nearly 130k. It ended up working out for me, as we had twins back in 2010, so if I had gotten a Couple it would have been sold before the twins came.

I recently came across this G35xS sedan at a local dealership for a steal, so I decided to upgrade.

08 G35xS, fully loaded,traded in my Mazdaspeed3 for it.

83k on it and I purchased a bumper to bumper warranty for 48 months/50k miles.

Yeah, it's an auto, the manual G's are RWD only and I'd prefer AWD since we get plenty of snow. And 90% of the manual G's I've found are black only, and as a former detailer, I refuse to drive a black vehicle.

At least I can pretend to shift, sort of.

Looking forward to searching and customizing the G to suit my exact tastes/style.

I've been on forums for 10+ years, including NASIOC, JDMChicago, MR2OC.com and a few Mazda forums. I've owned WRX, MR2s, Integras, the MS3 and a 2001 Mazda Protege MP3 (think 1st gen Mazdaspeed Protege without the turbo)

Too bad someone sprayed wheel cleaner on them when they were freshly driven aka hot as heck and ruined the finish on all 4 wheels.

I did a quick wash and spot buff of a few areas tonight, found 4 dents on it that the PDR guy forgot about or didn't see on Friday, it was raining afterall and hard to see them in the overcast conditions. I go back Friday to have them pop the dents out and let me know if they can do anything about the wheels (I've already been in contact with the salesguy about it.)

Windows are getting tinted in 2 weeks and the chrome window trim will be covered with black vinyl, possibly the rear spoiler chrome as well.

Proper pics with a proper camera after the wash/spot buff:

welcome. That Mazda is one of the best looking 130K mileage cars I've seen. You clearly took great care of it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the G.
    2009 GT-R. Live every min as if it'll be your last. 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR. 2013 WRX STi.
    Past daily drivers: '02 WRX, '89 Civic Si, '83 Subaru Wagon, '79 Mercury Capri 5.0L, '71 Pinto 2.0L.
    Past toys: '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-81), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '81 DeLorean ('81-2005).

n00b

Thanks Cajun!

I had a detailing side business for over 10 years, because I like a clean car (and I like my modded cars to be not stock looking, but not wild either, mean and clean!)

Looking forward to modding the G and making it my own!

I really used to like the MS3 back in the day, now we've grown up and drive sedans great find on your xS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n00b

Thanks man!

The MS3 was a fun car, it was just time for a more age appropriate car for me.

n00b

Bumping it up, posting the car up for sale. PM me if interested.

Welcome

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by D&D View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks!

n00b

Some updated pics of the car, tinted the windows, vinyl tint on most of the chrome, eBay roof spoiler, etc