Thread: Wheel spacers

Default Wheel spacers

hi guys

I never got these before so I don't know the knowledge about them. I was pulling in my winter tires on my 2010 g37s for the first time ever. Before I had a sub to drive in the winter but I don't have it anymore. I got 225 tires and 18" wheel for the winter tires all around. The rear ones were fine but the front was rubbing and was told to get spacers to get the wheel in. Ummm I have no knowledge about them soooo

Local Celebrity

Wheel spacers push the wheels out, they push them out more away from the car/part that ur rubbing on.

U would need to find out what part of the car ur rubbing on. if it's the brakes or suspension part then a spacer will help, most likely a 5mm or 10mm.

Thanks a lot

I was researching ... I got h&r hub centric 20 mm spacers because of that do I have find longer lugnuts for my wheel? Thanks

n00b

Yes You need longer lugnuts

Wheel studs, not lug nuts.
    Habitual Line Stepper.
    Team Awesome
    Join the ChicagoZ Flickr Page!

n00b

correct, wheel studs.

Depends, do the spacers you have already have studs in the them? If they don't, then it depends on the wheel and if you have enough exposed thread to tighten the lug nuts down correctly.
    2009 G37xS

n00b

McGard on their vid mentioned you want at least the diameter of your stud. For instance if your lugs are 12x1.50, you'll want 12mm of thread for your lug nut to thread into.