Thread: "Wrold's Greatest Drag Race 3"

Default "Wrold's Greatest Drag Race 3"

Just found this. Its a year old, but pretty damn cool. 12 cars ($1.9M and 6,100 hp) all simultaneously in a 1/4 mile drag race on an air strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k1DIrfNr48

Godzilla rules.
    2009 GT-R. Live every min as if it'll be your last. 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR. 2013 WRX STi.
    Past daily drivers: '02 WRX, '89 Civic Si, '83 Subaru Wagon, '79 Mercury Capri 5.0L, '71 Pinto 2.0L.
    Past toys: '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-81), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '81 DeLorean ('81-2005).

I would take the Jag vert looks nice.

DAN
    -My BRZ with exhaust will decimate all if we overnight parts from Japan-

10 Civic EX Sedan- Current Daily

^ Dan, a year ago at a big Jaguar driving experience in the huge Arlington Park Raceway parking lot (which Jaguar had turned into 4 different driving courses), I got to autocross two Jaguar F-Type verts back-to-back, the V-6 S and the V-8 S. Both are truly fabulous sportscars / good track cars (except that I loathe that all of Jaguar's paddle shifters rotate with the wheel rather than stay in place on the column --- whenever you have to shift your hands on the wheel to make a very short radius turn, you can't find the paddles, which are also way too short). Also, these verts have a trunk literally too small to fit even a laptop bag, unless you take out the undersized emergency spare tire; the ONLY storage space is the passenger seat.

I haven't yet driven the new F-Type coupe; but I have checked it out; it has very serviceable storage space. And, if you can stomach a $100K base price, they have the F-Type R version of the coupe with a 550 hp SC'd V-8, 0-60 in 4.0, and tuning for the true track freak. (But for the same base price, you can get the new GT-R!)

And just this week, Jaguar sent me a promo for their new F-Type Project 7 limited production "street-legal racer" homage to the seminal Jaguar D-Type which won the 24 hours of LeMans 3 times in the mid-1950's. The F-Type Project 7 is being built to honor the 60th anniversary of the D-Type and will be limited to only 250 cars, ever. They are "hand-built" 2-seat roadsters with 575 hp 5.0L SC'd V-8s, 20" wheels, carbon ceramic brakes (15.7" F and 15" rear), "torque vectoring" braking, reduced weight, lots of CF, increased downforce, and advanced suspension and dynamics for the track. 0-60 is 3.8 secs. Perhaps best of all, it has the same iconic aerodynamic fairing from just behind the driver's headrest tapering down to the rear of the car, as was used on the D-Type. The BAD news: the promo didn't even mention the price, so it must be astronomical. But kudos to Jaguar's Indian owners for supporting cars like these --- truly Bodacious Tata's!

(I suppose I should apologize to myself for hi-jacking my own thread on the GT-R and making it more about the Jag F-Type. But I'll blame it on Dan for mentioning the Jag. lol.)
    Last edited by CajunGodzilla; 09-19-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    2009 GT-R. Live every min as if it'll be your last. 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR. 2013 WRX STi.
    Past daily drivers: '02 WRX, '89 Civic Si, '83 Subaru Wagon, '79 Mercury Capri 5.0L, '71 Pinto 2.0L.
    Past toys: '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-81), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '81 DeLorean ('81-2005).

Lol, I really like the style of the new Jag price is high but it just looks so inviting.

DAN
    -My BRZ with exhaust will decimate all if we overnight parts from Japan-

10 Civic EX Sedan- Current Daily