Thread: Squeaky noise from the front brakes

Default Squeaky noise from the front brakes

I was wondering is having this problem with my 2010 G37s ....

There seems a squeaky noise from my front brakes - I put in new pad brakes from the front and the back and my rotors are fine. I would think that putting new pads (even though they were still good) the noise would stop .... But it didn't. That doesn't happen right when I hit the brake but rather when I am slowing down to a complete stop - when it happen it is just a loud squeaky noise ....

New pads won't fix all noises by themselves, in fact, without a proper install they can introduce more noise. Did you use a shim kit and or any type of grease or anti-squeal compound during the pad installation? Did you bed in the new pads?

Do you have stock brakes and rotors?
    UNLEASHED 2005 G35 AT SC Skyline Emblem.

The rotors are stocks and I didn't put in new ones ... But the pads are oem Nissan pads but the noise was in there better I put in the pads... I thought that putting new ones would stop in ...

Zgene4 is right with the bedding, but if there stock you might have to check the guide pins and see if you will need lube on them...are your rotors glazed? If you had 60% still on the old ones and you changed them and it's still making noise...I will visual check the rotors and when cool run your fingers on the surface...does it feel like it has waves on the surface? If so you need to get the rotors cut...next is the guide pins...are they lubed? How do the inner and outer pads look? Worn uneven?
    UNLEASHED 2005 G35 AT SC Skyline Emblem.

Default Squeaky noise from the front brakes

Did you install that display driver from Intel? Try uninstalling that. The display driver was the source of Fn issues on Windows 7 on my CF-30. The display drivers for the Toughbook are modified and not stock.