Thread: Leather seats issue

Default Leather seats issue

Anyone here got a g37 and is experiencing seat issues? My g got 40k and the coating is peeling off. I can peel it off with my hands. I scrub off a whole side of the passenger seat. What are my options now? Dealer said usual it won't be replace because its a wear item. Can leather shops save these seats or would I have to get them reupholster?

They don't make them like they use to. My g35 is almost 10 years old and seats are still looking good...I have a 2005 G35.
    UNLEASHED 2005 G35 AT SC Skyline Emblem.

Same here 2005 g35 AT coupe
    But they did replace the passenger seat while under warranty -tearing at corner near seat adjust area.
    Now I have to replace switch for recline @ 59000 miles?
    2005 G35 coupe silver/blk - 2000 QX4 silver/stone

Anyone have any shops that repairs torn leather in the Chicago or NW indiana. The side of my driver seat closest to the passenger side has a tear and my armrest is torn as well.

Local Celebrity

I've been looking for a good price as well. Let us know if u find a place

Any luck?

nope. The dealer basically sprayed the seats with some type of dye before selling it to me. Another deal changed out the leather on the driver side. I then got a detail and my guy scrubbed the dye off and now the original color is back but wear is still there. It does look better though. Maybe i'll dye the whole interior red or something. This white is too hard to maintain.

Found one, they do great work. First off the exterior of this place gave me second thoughts but after speaking with the owner (Al) I went ahead and did business. You can beat his price and he works fast and precise. Here is his info from yelp.
    New Life interiors
    4842 W Fullerton ave
    Chicago Il 60639
    It's on the corner of Lamon ave and Fullerton
    Give him a heads up Charlie with the Grey Infiniti recommended you.
    You won't be disappointed with his workmanship.