Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member control

Its June 3rd already, why are we still talking about a thread from June 2nd ??? Geez...

jk but yes, something should be done.
    2003 G35 coupe- SOLD
    2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T- SOLD
    2013 Genesis Coupe v6 - Current

I personally think a for sale thread should have at least 200 to 300 posts. That way it would show whether or not they have an actual commitment on contributing to this site.
    licky licky..[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

just delete their "for sale" thread when they create it.
    Z enthusiast, smart-ass, elitist.
    2004 350Z
    Team Project X

i also like the X #of days + X #of posts combination
    2004 350Z
    Team Project X

Mega Moderator

I like pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by xLaroldx View Post
    I like pudding.
    Chocolate Pudding
    dt "fawk i sudda kept the 280...its much more reliable then my rx7 lol"

Shot by Jeremy

pudding is good, but yogurt is better.
    2004 350Z
    Team Project X

Performance friction, Project x, Holley HP EFI. look!! more info ->JohnnyC.com

Quote Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US View Post
    Over on ClubLexus, people need to have a minimum # of posts (300-500 posts depending on what item is) and a year's membership or someone to vouch for them before they can sell something.
    That method works for major forums where trolls are common, but for smaller local forums, you really don't want to divert traffic like that. By forcing them to join a forum for a year and then contribute (theoretically), you'll only be driving away people who could have potentially stayed. In that sense, you'd be doing everyone, including the current members, a disservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by greentib View Post
    I personally think a for sale thread should have at least 200 to 300 posts. That way it would show whether or not they have an actual commitment on contributing to this site.
    200-300 is a lot of posts someone has to accrue just to be able to sell something locally. In most cases, they'll just go find a [inter]national forum where they have access to more resources and more potential buyers, including the same local ones they initially targeted. Also, the higher the set post number, the higher the troll posts will be.

Personally, I would think that a relatively low number, say a 100, with a month membership should suffice. That's an average of 3 posts per day and the wait isn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifan007 View Post
    pudding is good, but yogurt is better.
    Damn, that's a hard choice -- they're both so damn good. I personally like ice cream best.
    Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 06-03-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero View Post
    That method works for major forums where trolls are common, but for smaller local forums, you really don't want to divert traffic like that. By forcing them to join a forum for a year and then contribute (theoretically), you'll only be driving away people who could have potentially stayed. In that sense, you'd be doing everyone, including the current members, a disservice.

200-300 is a lot of posts someone has to accrue just to be able to sell something locally. In most cases, they'll just go find a [inter]national forum where they have access to more resources and more potential buyers, including the same local ones they initially targeted. Also, the higher the set post number, the higher the troll posts will be.

Personally, I would think that a relatively low number, say a 100, with a month membership should suffice. That's an average of 3 posts per day and the wait isn't too bad.

Damn, that's a hard choice -- they're both so damn good. I personally like ice cream best.
    We could have a lower set limit say like 50, but limit number of posts for the day until set time limit, so there's no trolling going on.
    licky licky..[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]