Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bought a nikon d60

Site Regular

Default bought a nikon d60

hey guys proud to anounce i just bought my first dslr, a nikon d60 used. picked it up today for $400 with lens, neck strap and all the other accesories. does anyone here also have this camera? how do you like it so far? im a total noob with dslr, did i make a good choice in selecting this camera?

I got a D5000 which I really like, took two photography classes so far so I guess I'm a noob too lol. But the d60 is a good camera, enjoy it ! What is the mm of the lens?
    2003 G35 coupe- SOLD
    2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T- SOLD
    2013 Genesis Coupe v6 - Current

I've been looking into a dslr either a 3100 or a 5000. Leaning towards the 3100. Congrats on the buy.

04 G35c (for the women)
    03 Chevy Impala LS (for the snow)

congrats on the new purchase. I have a D60 as well and have no complaints so far really nice and easy to learn camera and gets you pretty good pictures. Good battery also. I also bought a 16gb sd card the day I bought the camera and was able to store about 1600 high res pics in it from my last trip.

Only thing is that you'll eventually want a new lens or two and that could get a bit expensive. Right now I'm just renting them till I find a good one I really like and then purchase it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the camera.

Site Regular

ive got the 18-55mm les that came together with the camera, i went out today and took some pictures around my yard, impressed so far and really liking the camera, i will start saving for a good lens. the main reason why i bought the camera is for taking pictures of my car, and friends cars. Sean, what would be a good lens to buy?

as far as the best lens goes I'm not sure myself either, been renting different lenses from this place borrowlenses.com, so far I'm liking this one, http://www.borrowlenses.com/product/...kon_16-35mm_vr

Also it really comes down to what type of shots you are looking for, depending on that you can decide if you want a wide angle, fish eye, ... lens.

The lens you have now though should take care of the car pics pretty well if you keep practicing. I'm still practicing myself haha

Congrats on the purchase! Post some pictures of you car so we can see the quality of your camera

Executive Status

congrads.

Ankle, it's not about the camera, it's about the guy behind it...

Site Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by itremillo View Post
    ive got the 18-55mm les that came together with the camera, i went out today and took some pictures around my yard, impressed so far and really liking the camera, i will start saving for a good lens. the main reason why i bought the camera is for taking pictures of my car, and friends cars. Sean, what would be a good lens to buy?
    Just keep your 18-55mm if you're just taking pictures of cars. :-) There's no need for anything expensive. On the cheap, the 18-55, the 55-200, and the 35mm f1.8 are a hard combo to beat for the money. Don't waste your time and money on any FX lenses like the 16-35mm. Expensive lenses and cameras don't make you a better photographer. You have a DX camera and should take advantage of the small size and light weight. It sounds like you're the casual shooter so stick with the cheap and light DX lenses.

If you get more serious about photography later on, you can always upgrade later on without having wasted a bunch of money because you had all great economical choices in the first place. :-)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - Lots of mods
    1995 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo SMZ #21 of 300
    2001 Audi S4 Stage 3 - Lots of mods as well
    1995 Lexus SC400

im sorry that you went nikon

cant always win in life