Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Washing with Optimum No-Rinse by LUSTR Auto Detailing

Default Winter Washing with Optimum No-Rinse by LUSTR Auto Detailing

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share an article of mine that was recently published on Detailed Image.

Here's the link:
    http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...-no-rinse-onr/

As always, any comments and/or questions are welcomed.

Ivan
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!

great stuff!
    Join the ChicagoZ.com Network!
    Facebook|Flickr|Twitter|Synth19.com

My flickr

"LIKE" ChicagoZ on facebook!

^ Thanks bud!
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!

Site Fanatic

I've been way too lazy to do this so far this winter. The days I get time to take it to a touchless carwash it seems the wash isn't working or it's way too cold like today.

Great article.

nice write up!

Quote Originally Posted by lv2xlr8 View Post
    I've been way too lazy to do this so far this winter. The days I get time to take it to a touchless carwash it seems the wash isn't working or it's way too cold like today.
    Great article.
    You definitely don't want to go when it's cold like this, but if you're headed into a garage (hopefully heated) after the wash, I find anything over 20-25 degrees is fine. You can dry all the jambs, etc. after the wash in the garage so nothing freezes and get stuck. Should be warming up by the weekend so get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by zer0x View Post
    nice write up!
    Thanks!
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com

Site Fanatic

Can this be added to your washer fluid tank to make ultra powerful dirt destroying washer fluid?

i need to order this shitttt

Quote Originally Posted by steve85 View Post
    Can this be added to your washer fluid tank to make ultra powerful dirt destroying washer fluid?
    Never tried it so can't really comment. Feel free to experiment and report your findings though

Quote Originally Posted by Ni55anpat View Post
    i need to order this shitttt
    I can add it to the 303 order we're planning. Just let me know when you're ready.
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com

Great write-up!

My car is need of a wash soon. Fortunately, I have not used my car too much during the winter, but the little time I have managed to get salt sprays on the side of my car.

Unfortunately, I cannot do the touchless as my car is too low for most touchless places, so it may look like I need to change buckets often. I used to go to the manual places (the one with the high pressure hose), but there doesn't seem to be any places close by where I live now (anyone know of some decent places near Wood Dale, please let me know).

I did have a question... now, I have approximately 4 coats of Z5 on the car as well as Meguair's tech Wax and a couple of doses of Meguiar's spray quick wax on top of it all for good measure before winter came along. How well protected is my paint? Since I basically have not washed my car since mid November and the car has been exposed to some of the elements (have not driven through a snow storm, just after one).
    Crabby Old Man
    Team Project X
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Have some standards.