Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMSOIL products available through LUSTR Auto Detailing!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AMSOIL products available through LUSTR Auto Detailing!

Just reminding everyone who didn't know. LUSTR Auto Detailing is an authorized AMSOIL dealer so please contact me if you need any oil, lubes, filters, etc.

You can check out all the products at www.amsoil.com
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!

Thanks for the order Paul. Great doing business with you!
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!

was actually lookin for a amsoil dealer 2 days ago perfect. and if anyone can chime in, I had my short block replaced in january and dealer told me its ok to switch to synthetic at first oil change. but old engine used regular mineral oil for the 56k miles it was in there. would it affect anything if i switched since its not a WHOLE new engine??
    2006 6MT 350z:

Nismo Flywheel|ACT Clutch|Injen SRI|HKS Exhaust|APS Test Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by VeeZy dA DoN View Post
    was actually lookin for a amsoil dealer 2 days ago perfect. and if anyone can chime in, I had my short block replaced in january and dealer told me its ok to switch to synthetic at first oil change. but old engine used regular mineral oil for the 56k miles it was in there. would it affect anything if i switched since its not a WHOLE new engine??
    I'm no oil expert but I do know that the synthetic vs dyno oil for the first xxx miles on a new engine is a discussion that has always had 2 sides and always will. Some say it's better to start off with dyno then do synthetic after a certain amount of miles. Others say it doesn't matter.

For what it's worth, I've decided to use regular Yamaha oil on my brand new R6 motor for the first 1000 miles, then switch to Amsoil synthetic. Wish I could be of more help.
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com

thanks for the input..Yea ive heard many people say different things about when to switch, and how long you should wait.

people tell me that your not supposed to switch to synthetic if your engine has been running on mineral for all its life, and that if you switch do it before 15k miles. so my main concern is that since they only replaced the bottom end and bolted on my old heads. would that same rule still apply since the heads are at 58k miles
    2006 6MT 350z:

Here is the deal with using conventional and synthetic oil. You just built your block and it's fresh. Put conventional in it. Drive the car for 800-1500 miles through the break in process with conventional. You want to use this so your rings seal right. After your rings have sealed properly, use anything you want. I personally used conventional for about 2500-3000 miles and finally just switched to full synthetic (kind of, it's valvoline) after I pulled the engine and repaired all my oil leaks from the rebuild from installation error. I will be putting Amsoil in once the turbo is fully set up and running properly in mine. No use in wasting $15 a quart trying to diagnose oil leak problems.

All this crap about if you've used it this whole time, now you can't switch is completely false and those people are idiots. They probably don't maintain their engine, put synthetic in and realized they had some oil leaks. If you're leaking synthetic on a block after 2k miles trust me, you're probably leaking with conventional in there too. I'm curious, who told you you can't switch? I switched to synthetic in the pre-rebuilt engine after 60k miles and it performed fantastically.

My advice/information isn't end all facts as well. People have hundreds of different theories on what oil and break in processes for engines...just search google: how to break an engine in. Some of them are out right retarded in my opinion and some are too much on the safe side (some people say like 4k miles to break an engine in, aka for the rings to seal). If your rings don't seal by ~800 miles you have a compression problem or have been driving the car wrong.

Cliffnotes: Recommend conventional for 800-1500 then do what you want. The heads that ran conventional will not effect anything if you start running synthetic after the break in period.
    Last edited by 300zxturboftw; 03-16-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    1985 300zx Turbo. AKA Z31. AKA WTF is a Z31.

Cruising the 80's, Picking up the Ladies

after searchin differnt fourms about the switch myths, everyone had differnt opionins about break in, and if, and when to change over. but most of the people askin questions were realitivly new cars with lower miles. I bought mobil 1 when i was going to get my first oil change, before I had the oil consumption test done. the oil was sitting at my work and my boss called me while i was out and told me you cant put synthetic in a used car, that has that many miles on it already. I then called al piemonte nissan and talked to one of the tech and he said same shit but didnt seem sure of wat he was saying...

so I ended up playin safe and just putting regular oil in. then a month later my engine got rebuilt. now im at about 2300 miles on new engine and gettin ready to change oil within next month. so now Im askin about my situation.

thanks for taking the time to clear that up thogh man, appreciate it... guess i will be running synthetic next change
    2006 6MT 350z:

I wouldn't trust a Nissan tech if my life depended on it. Some of the older master techs are probably the only worthy guys to talk to. They know the ins and outs to all cars over the years.

I see where the advice from them was coming from though. I'm not sure if you would call yourself an experienced person who works on your car a lot or what not, and if not, changing to full synthetic on an old engine can cause problems if you don't regularly maintain the engine (hell if you don't do that anyhow you are going to be facing problems).

Put real synthetic in, Amsoil, none of this mobile one or valvoline fake full synthetic.

Good luck.
    1985 300zx Turbo. AKA Z31. AKA WTF is a Z31.

Cruising the 80's, Picking up the Ladies

Good talk guys. I bought my g used at 25k, it's now close to 100k. I have never done an oil change without synthetic. Do I know the guy before ever used synthetic? Hell if I know, but I do know that I havnt had any issues.

04 G35c (for the women)
    03 Chevy Impala LS (for the snow)

alright kool. though it does help, its alot more assuring having people answer my specific question, rather then reading other peoples threads sometimes.
    2006 6MT 350z: