Thread: Maserati GranTurismo Paint Rejuvenation Detail

Default Maserati GranTurismo Paint Rejuvenation Detail

I was lucky enough to detail this beast for an old client of mine. Here are the other cars I've detailed for him...

2009 MB C63... http://www.lustrdetail.com/mercedes2009c63arun1.html
    2008 Porsche C4S... http://www.lustrdetail.com/porsche2008c4sarun1.html

He traded the C4S for a GORGEOUS GT2 that I detailed twice but didn't get a chance to put the photos together yet. Hopefully it'll be up by the end of this weekend.

He recently traded the C63 for the Maserati and called me to take a look and do what's necessary. The dealer detailed the vehicle before delivery...

Here are the few before photos I was able to capture well on camera after washing it:

It wasn't horrible but it was worse than it looks as the paint hid the swirling pretty well. After some washing, claying and polishing (exact process & photos are on my site here...http://www.lustrdetail.com/maseratiarun1.html) the GT was nice and perfect looking. I also did a full Leatherique Treatment on the interior. It was nearly dark outside so excuse the high ISO in the photos:

I was fortunate enough to have a client that's a huge car enthusiast like all of us here, so he suggested I take his gorgeous, freshly detailed, ~$90k Italian beauty and push it on some country roads. I said yes before he even offered and while he was talking about what upgrades he planned on doing I was enjoying the drive for about 10-15 minutes. What a car!

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Aaaand a little teaser...

Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!

Looks great! Lose the watermarks though, very distracting. That's one sexy car!
    Team Project X

Nice work! Your customer must really like you lol

How was the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by never gone View Post
    Looks great! Lose the watermarks though, very distracting. That's one sexy car!
    Thanks. I decided to go with them just to try and prevent some photo theft online. I know they can still be PSd out but it might make someone looking online through websites skip mine. Had a good 10+ photos used by someone else and it's getting quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by I Phantom I View Post
    Nice work! Your customer must really like you lol
    Thanks. He definitely appreciates the work I put into making his gorgeous cars look great. Especially after he does a track day with the GT2!
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!

Quote Originally Posted by SAP_G35 View Post
    How was the drive?
    It was awesome. Pulls great and sounds even better. You can fairly easily tell how much the computers do on this car compared to an older BMW (which I'm most accustomed to) but the car is definitely a beast.
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com

Wow. That's a sweet looking car, and great job on the detail.

I can't believe he bought a Maserati and that's the condition they gave it to him in.
    "We're here for a good time, not a long time"

Site Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1080 View Post

I can't believe he bought a Maserati and that's the condition they gave it to him in.
    +1 .... I would assume a Maserati dealer would deal with a reputable detail shop

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1080 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slavik View Post
    +1 .... I would assume a Maserati dealer would deal with a reputable detail shop
    Thanks. Unfortunately that's how it is nationwide. The only worst part is that even brand new cars of this caliber are sold in this shape or worse. Dealers have some mobile "detail" guys come out to wash the cars every few weeks and they simply ruin the paint. Then an even worse detailer "corrects" it.
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail
    (773) 715-4198
    ivan@lustrdetail.com