Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January 2010 Car of the Month - ChiGTS

Default January 2010 Car of the Month - ChiGTS

This is the real JDM Skyline, folks...

ChicagoZ.com : What got you hooked to the Skyline that you ended up purchasing it?

ChiGTS :Well I always heard of Skylines through magazines and internet videos and I finally got the chance for a drive in one in March 2004 in Okinawa, Japan. I landed on the island and my new boss picked me up in his modified R32 GTS. Right there i knew i had to have one. So the following summer I bought a NA AWD R33 before i even had my Japanese license. I would whip it around the huge parking lot at my job and loved how it drove.

Then on December of 2005 I saw a modified RWD turbo R33 sitting at the junkyard outside my base. The owner of that junkyard sold cars on the side and happened to speak spanish. He had lived in Peru for three years so i was able to communicate with him better and he gave me a great deal on it. I daily drove it till March of 2007 when I luckily brought i back home with me which almost didn't happen.

ChicagoZ.com : What action does your Skyline mostly see? drag, autox, road race, show car, weekend car, and/or daily driver...
    ChiGTS :Use to be a daily driver if you can't tell by the bruises. Now it's a weekend car that I have taken to 2 shows.

ChicagoZ.com :Any performance specs? 1/4 mile@mph, whp/wtorq, track times...
    ChiGTS :I will have the whp/wtorq numbers soon because I just received a Stage 1 Speedlab-modified Mine's chip.

ChicagoZ.com :What other modifications are you planning on doing to the Skyline, if any? Whether it's performance, handling, appearance, and/or sound system....
    ChiGTS :Body kit with fresh coat of paint; CF hood, trunk, and GTR wing; re-do suspension and wheels; new exhaust; newer headunit with upgraded speakers; Bride seats and harnesses; HKS rollcage; HP around the 500-550 area.

MODIFICATIONS:

Parts sitting on shelf awaiting installation: OS Giken clutch, cat delete pipe, HICAS canceller bar On car: Apexi intake, 5Zigen exhaust, Greddy FMIC and pipes, Greddy spark plugs, Apexi blow-off valve, Nismo short shifter, TEIN coilovers, Enkei wheels, Dunlop Direzza tires, Endless CCA brake pads, MFR rear wiper delete plug, Nismo clear side winkers, Nismo carbon pillars, Apexi AFC-R boost controller, Blitz turbo timer, Double DIN tv/dvd headunit, Razo shift knob, Nismo oil filler cap, Nardi steering wheel with Odula quick release, dual Greddy pillar gauges, and my infamous drifting bandage sticker on my chipped paint on my rear bumper
    Crabby Old Man
    Team Project X
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Have some standards.

Congrats! Your Skyline is one of my favorite cars in the club.

ChappyFoto on Flickr!
    Team Project X

Nice

I'm that girl who drives the boosted red 350z but you can call me Tanya

welcome to the club cris!!

Performance friction, Project x, Holley HP EFI. look!! more info ->JohnnyC.com

Nice car man, Loved the story how you got it .

A marriage is like a car. Its got its bumps and twist but in the end this country just can't make one to last over 5 years!

I thought it was a camry???

I kid I kid. Congrats.
    "We're here for a good time, not a long time"

Nice, congrats!
    2007 350Z Magnetic Black on Burnt Orange 6spd - SOLD
    2004 ///M3 VERT Jet Black on Black 6spd -SOLD
    2009 370z Magnetic Black 6MT

Mega Moderator

Awesome! Cant wait till you get all those parts on the car!

Congrats!

what mods did you have to do to it to bring it back to the states and drive it legally?