Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2009 Car of the Month - be_good_chop_shop

Default September 2009 Car of the Month - be_good_chop_shop

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I been slipping with the car of the month. Better late then never!

ChicagoZ.com : What got you hooked to the 350Z that you ended up purchasing it?

Be Good Chop Shop: it all started when I was looking to change something in my life. I wasn't happy in my situation. I was working this dead end job, and going to school for no other reason than the army was paying for it. I was miserable . one sunny day I was driving my truck to kickboxing class, I had this idea in my head of one of those quick little 350z's. I continued on to class as I spotted a little silver 350 sitting out in front of my local Nissan dealer. I thought to myself " you're only going to look at it, maybe a test drive, and that's it!". I drove the frigging thing and I didn't want to get out of it, I made the dealer put more gas in it, I took it on 3 test drives, I was hooked! I grew up on nothing but pickup trucks ,and Camaros, this little rice rocket stole my heart. I bought it on sheer impulse, and I never looked back.it made me happy.

ChicagoZ.com :What action does your 350Z mostly see? drag, autox, road race, show car, weekend car, and/or daily driver...

Be Good Chop Shop: that's a good question lol. if I can get to the event my little z does it. I drag whenever I can, I auto cross almost twice a month. it won 3rd place at a show, before I stopped going to shows. I have another car but I don't drive it as much as I drive my z.

ChicagoZ.com : Any performance specs? 1/4 mile@mph, whp/wtorq, track times...

Be Good Chop Shop: the fastest I did at 1/4 mile was a 13.2 @107mph. I had it dynoed at s.p. on a rainy dyno day, and it hit 360whp the first run, and 285whp the second. I don't trust those numbers so I got an appointment at grd. so ill see what I get then. I'm thinking 310whp sounds right. for auto cross I'm usually 2-3 sec off the leader and I'm getting better every time I go. oh and I almost forgot, my stereo hit 168db (i think I'm right on that . Larry knows if I am.). I looked on line and that's the same as being 50 meters away from a jet engine at takeoff. so yea its loud as hell!

ChicagoZ.com :What other modifications are you planning on doing to the 350Z, if any? Whether it's performance, handling, appearance, and/or sound system....

Be Good Chop Shop: coilovers! I need a set badly. I have so much body roll at auto x its amazing. other than some slicks on my track wheels I'm just about done for a while. sure ill step my blower up to stage 4 but that just goes without question. the next big step is going to happen when I get another sports car. I plan on taking the z and stripping her down. then the roll cage...... she will be my little track whore.

MODIFICATIONS:
    upgraded brembo with the stopteck stage 2 , aerosync bumper, nismo replica sides, nismo replica rears, 19" motegie wheels, bumper tuck, stillen cf stage 1 hood, nismo wing, pioneer avic d3 head unit, jl audio 6 1/2'' components, jl audio 500/1 mono amp, 2 jl audio w3v2 subwoofers, Rockford Fosgate 1 frad compactor, s2k shorty antenna, stillen stage 3 supercharger, k&n fipk, xo2 exhaust. nismo floor mats, tinted windows, stillen swaybars, and 1 chick magnet
    Crabby Old Man
    Team Project X
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Have some standards.

Very nice! Congrats Johnny!!
    Habitual Line Stepper.
    Team Awesome
    Join the ChicagoZ Flickr Page!

Welcome to the club nooob.
    EUROTASH

johnny! welcome to the club.

Congrats. I love that picture how you can "see through" your hood.
    "We're here for a good time, not a long time"

The chick magnet is not a mod... that's oem! lol

Congrats!

Congrats Johnny!

Congrats Johnny!

The Dark Knight of ChicagoZ

Congrats!
    Join the ChicagoZ.com Network!
    Facebook|Flickr|Twitter|Synth19.com

My flickr

"LIKE" ChicagoZ on facebook!

Mega Moderator