Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April FOOL'S 2009 Car of the Month - bstyleZ

Default April FOOL'S 2009 Car of the Month - bstyleZ

ChicagoZ.com : What got you hooked to the fly Taurus Wagon that you ended up purchasing?

bstyleZ: Honestly, it was the b*tches. I can get so many honeys in the back. Who’da thought wrong wheel drive felt so right in the winter. I wanted something that was sleek and sporty and would still be able to haul stuff. Something in a nice neutral color, that doesn’t have a green interior. When I realized that was out of my price range for a beater, I bought this.

ChicagoZ.com : What action does your Taurus Wagon mostly see? Cruising the local all-girls high school, smuggling illegal items, etc.

bstyleZ : It’s my daily-driver and weekend warrior. I just love having a car that is tame enough for day to day use, but can still rocket up to about 65 on the highway without too much starting to rattle. My ex asked me to do a feature in Autotrader with it, but I declined, I don’t need the publicity. It’s such a popular car locally. Everyone asks for a ride…and to help them move their sh*t. I tried my hand in the smuggling business – that’s all I can say about that, really. Except if you need some Canadian Brides, holla.

ChicagoZ.com : ChicagoZ.com :Any performance specs? 1/4 mile@mph, whp/wtorq, track times. BTW, Does it have a VTECH?

bstyleZ : I don’t think it has vtech, isn’t that for lawnmowers? Well since it’s a wagon, and it’s made by Ford, and Ford is an American company, and so is Dodge, It’s roughly got the same specs as a Dodge Magnum with a hemi (by my calculations at least). I can’t prove that, per say, but I had dyno sheets, I just can’t find them. And I can’t dyno it again, last time I was at the place it tried to jump the dyno, and the tech was like “ok, we can’t ever dyno this car again”. So you guys are just gonna have to take my word on that. The cigarette lighter warms up in like 4 seconds though.

ChicagoZ.com : What other modifications are you planning on doing to the Taurus Wagon, if any? Whether it's performance, handling, appearance, sound system, condom despensors, etc....

bstyleZ : I just finished putting in a new burnt titanium water pump and pulley. I think that’s supposed to be a 15whp gain, but again, not allowed back at the dyno. I’ve been looking at taking the ATTESA-E-TS AWD system out of a skyline GT-R. Yea, you know, skyline – like Paul Walker? Yea. It’s like the first one in the US. I recently have been on the come-up, so I decided to splurge and get myself a new digital cassette adapter, overnight from Japan.

I did some brake tests and determined it stops better in dry weather, than in the snow or rain. I guess that’s pretty good, since most performance cars shouldn’t be driven in the snow/rain anyways.

Some point this spring I want to get a bigger single exhaust, and maybe some replica wheels.

ChicagoZ.com: Is there anyone you want to thank that contributed to the way your car is today?

bstyleZ : Wow, I don’t even know where to begin. I need to thank the woman I bought it from for scraping the front end and doors on the sides of her brick garage; the girl across the alley, for backing into the hatch and giving me that nice dent; my roommate for spilling anti-freeze in the cargo area that took a year to clean up, and spilling a milkshake all over the floor in the front; the city of Chicago Streets & Sanitation dept for contributing to my alignment (or lack there of); that little family of mice that was there when I got it, for pooping on my floor; and to Johnny Be Good, for also pooping on the floor.

And most importantly, the ladies that don’t care if it’s sea-foam green, because my other car is a Z.
    Crabby Old Man
    Team Project X
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Have some standards.

amazing....
    Join the ChicagoZ.com Network!
    Facebook|Flickr|Twitter|Synth19.com

My flickr

"LIKE" ChicagoZ on facebook!

Congrats!!!!

wow....if that beast got in I know for a fact im taking the Car of the Month next month with my '96 buick century....its a custom.... only 60k miles too....lol

this is so lame....lol.. funny as hell though...

+1rep...lol

that is amazing lol

Performance friction, Project x, Holley HP EFI. look!! more info ->JohnnyC.com

Good one... How many ho's can you carry?

Mega Moderator

Welcome to the club!

my spidey sense is tingling...i think this may be an april fools joke
    LOL @ your fake wheels
    used to be djnc
    have an FJ now lol

Executive Status

Awesome car reminds me of an Incubus song

It’s so much better
    When everyone is in
    Are you in?
    It’s so much easier
    When sea foam green is in fashion
    Yooouuuhhhh yooouuuooh
    Are you in?
    Yooouuuuh oooh oooh ooh
    Are you in?

it better be april fools joke, and it better be his Z...
    i didnt even qualify for COTM, and a taurus gets it? wtf...
    2003 G35 coupe- SOLD
    2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T- SOLD
    2013 Genesis Coupe v6 - Current