October 31, 2008
-------------------------------------------

Welcome to the new forum, I decided to go with vbulletin for the robust features and options. In order to save all old data, we had to import the old phpbb forum to vb. There are some bugs here and there, but they are currently being worked on. Please see the site feedback section for issues or problems. Already, some users are reporting that they are now "banned." If this happens to you, please clear your cache and cookies. Also, reset your password and try logging on again. Generally speaking, I'm recommending that everyone does this regardless of issues or not.

Updates:
*Signature Picture Upload (now working) [Click here!]
*Can't see "Smilies" when starting a new thread? [Click for the Fix!]

Please check out the FAQ by Clicking HERE.

For more specific information on the new features, click on any of the following links:

*NOTE: All users are allowed to upload pictures to their own gallery. However, we will not tolerate any NWS/indecent content. This is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. You will be permanently banned if you abuse this rule and privilege.

An Inside Look at the New Features

Picture Galleries [click]

vBulletin users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account. Chicagoz allows each member to upload up to 60 pictures in their album. Maximum file size per Picture is 195.3 KB and maximum Picture Dimensions is 800 by 600 Pixels. If you try to upload pics larger then the maximum sizes, your pics will be automatically resized. For better quality, it is best you resize yourself, THEN upload.

The ability to view these albums and pictures can be limited by the user to just board staff and people on their buddy list if they want privacy.

User-Created Social Groups [click]

To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups. You can access the various Social Groups by clicking on your account, and then clicking on "social groups." Some groups that have been setup by members thus far include; Chi Town Acuras, 3G WDP TLs, Ambulance chasers, and more!

These groups are enhanced by having their own public messaging system, and the ability to add pictures to the group from user albums.

Member New Profile Page [click]

In order to accomodate all the new features in vBulletin 3.7, the member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up. The new page presents information in a far cleaner and more logical manner, while dividing up information into manageable chunks using a tabbed interface. Individual profile field categories can be displayed alone in blocks in the right column, in addition to appearing by default in the 'About Me' tab.

Attachment Viewing Lightbox

Clicking on an attached image will now open a lightbox rather than open a new window, with the image scaled to fit the browser viewport. A click on the image in the lightbox will open it in a new window as before.

Your Control Panel [click]

Click on 'your account' to access your control panel. This section allows you to manipulate various features such as;

Pictures in your signatures.

The max sizes are 500 pixels by 150 pixels. If you go over that amount, the picture will be automatically resized.

Private Classified Rules

You won't be able to start a new thread in the Classified Section unless you have at least 30 posts.

Can I post Vids on ChicagoZ?

NOW you can simply cut the URL of the video page and ChicagoZ.com does the rest! No need to put in the long embedded video code. Here is a screen shot of what I mean:

Your video will then show up in the actual thread. CLICK HERE to see a sample of how this then looks on ChicagoZ.com