PDA

View Full Version : Blown Away- 2004 Car of the YEAR!

synth19
04-27-2004, 03:27 PM
OUR 2004 CAR OF THE YEAR! BLOWNAWAY
------------------------------------------

Here is our first Car of the Month (May '04), and now 2004 car of the year! By far one of the nicest 350 Z's out there...and maybe one of the most modded in the Chicagoland area. Tim's car has received all sort of praise from other Z enthusiasts across the country, and these pics will show you why:

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/5%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/1%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/4%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/5%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/7%20(Small).jpg

Engine and Drivetrain:
HKS Grounding kit (black)
GruppeM Intake
Crawford Headers
JWT Titanium valve springs and retainers
Tomei 268 Cams
ZEX 117RWHP Wet Kit
Mines Test Pipes
Futjisubo Y pipe
JIC Magic Exhaust
JWT Lightened Flywheel
RPS Stage Three Clutch
NISMO 1.5 GT LSD

Suspension:
JIC Carbon Fiber Strut tower bar
JIC FLA2 Coilovers
JIC Traction and Camber rods
NISMO Sways front and rear

Wheels:
Volk 19" GT7s with Dunlop Sp 9000

Brakes:
Stoptech 4 Wheel 14" 4 piston Big Brake Kit

EngineBay:
ARC Titanium Radiator air guide
Carbon Fiber Engine covers set of three
NISMO Radiator, GAS and OIL caps

Interior:
Avalon Racing Harness Bar
Bride Ergo Racing Seats with Sliders
Sparco Five point cam lock harness (Red)(Set)
Nismo Floor Mats
NISMO Titanium shift knob
Passport SR1 Radar front and rear

ICE:
Full A/V System with custom work
Boston Acoustics and Tweeter main Sponsors

Exterior:
JDM Clear Corners
Performance Nissan Overlay
Top Secret Carbon Fiber Front Diffuser
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Nismo Wing

SpeedQuest/ JIC/ Rays/ Stoptech/ Boston Acoustics/ Tweeter/ SGP

Q & A

ChicagoZ.com : What got you hooked to the 350z that you ended up purchasing it?
Blownaway : I run a Nissan VW dealership and we have a huge enthusiast customer base. We do a lot of Internet business and allot of service business with modded cars. When Nissan was getting ready to Launch Nismo and Nissan was getting ready to launch the new Z I was asked by our owner to build a few cars for sale that would show we have the same verve for our Nissan Enthusiasts. We built a Sentra Ser, Nissan 350Z and a Z roadster. I asked some friends of mine at Speedquest for their help, gave them budgets on the three cars and they came out stunning...after staring at the 350Z from my VW showroom, I decided to work out a way to buy it. I asked for a car allowance and got it. I bought the Z the same day. I called some of the companies that help make my VW one of the top modded dubs. Stoptech was the first to help. They had a new four wheel kit that they had just launched and we worked out an arrangement for the Z. The rest was wide open throttle since then. I went from not knowing anything about JDM, to being the poster boy want to be...in a sense.

ChicagoZ.com : What action does your Z mostly see? drag, autox, road race, show car, weekend car, and/or daily driver...
Blownaway : I built the Z to do all of the above. With my Passat I learned that a car can be all things...I learned that from SCCs ultimate sports car challenge, awarding points for Dyno, Show car, Every day driving, tracking, autoXing, braking and 1/4 mile. With just a change in the coilovers, differential and tire choice, my Z can do all of the above.

ChicagoZ.com : Any performance specs? 1/4 mile@mph, whp/wtorq, track times...
Blownaway : Right now she is a mid 12 second car on street tires, 295HP and 307 without being tuned...as soon as the Techno Square ECU is done, I should see much higher...as I can then take full advantage of the Tomei 268 Cams...and 7100 rev limit.

ChicagoZ.com : What other modifications are you planning on doing to the Z if any? Whether it's performance, handling, appearance, and/or sound system....
Blownaway : Well everything is pretty much finished, the final pieces of the puzzle, are the ECU(should have back Thursday), new differential cover (finned), new Nismo thermostat and new Diff fluid, maybe an oil cooler and new radiator later in life, but the car is pretty much finished....who knows, maybe a blower in a year or two with the current setup, but I would like to keep the car. so I want to make as much power as I can without hurting her...

ChicagoZ.com : Won any awards? Have any sponsorships?
Blownaway : First place last year at Import Revolution...Sponsors have been a huge help, Nothing in life is free, but the discounts and help I receive have been a blessing...Rob, John and John at Speedquest in grayslake have become great friends, I am proud of the business that they have made for themselves and I wish them great success. Great shop to have close by. They are also going to be the Technosquare Midwest Dyno tuner...Stoptech is another sponsor that is simply the best. Tweeter in Gurnee and Boston Acoustics for the wonderful stereo and unique goodies that they went out of their way to do... I am flattered that you would choose me as your first car of the month. I hope that Chicago Z becomes a great place for people to learn and share their love for cars...

updated: 4/28/04 vr3

GriffZness
04-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Definitly a gorgeus 350z!

mofoz
04-27-2004, 03:56 PM
beautiful. simply amazing.

VR3
04-27-2004, 04:02 PM
This is one sharp a** car! :bow:

This is one of my favorites from the last meet;

http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/downtown%20z.jpg

kopo
04-27-2004, 06:46 PM
you have to hear this car to fully appreciate it, let me tell you it screams, and i love it

shimz350z
04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
A :shock: nd I don't even have to see it in person to say it:) <--this is what is going to happen when i see it in person

Blownaway
04-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys, I have to tell you that I am very pleased that you guys like the car...nothing hurts more when people shit on your passions...I am looking forward to spending allot of time with you guys, its gonna be a great summer. I am going to help organize some track days for anyone that is interested in road racing...you have to be a little on the crazy side to ride with us to the track, but for those that like to let loose its a ton of fun...thanks again. I hope I can be of help to anyone that needs it...remember I work at a Nissan dealer :)

VR3
04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
All-

Check out the revisions to the original post. :thumbsup:

synth19
04-28-2004, 03:27 PM
holy shit! 577 views! There goes the bandwidth for the month! :)

mofoz
04-28-2004, 03:44 PM
i think we definetly need some high res pics. i want a new desktop :lol:

5thgenluder
05-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I would just like to say that none of Tims car would be possible without the help of one special person. ME. Ha just kidding anyway no joke for those of you who dont know him Tim is one of the nicest most down to earth people ive ever met and Ive known him for over 2 years. I work at the dealership with him and we really do try to take care of the fellow z owners. Tims car was my inspiration from day 1 so keep on modding and I know the passion is there.

wayneside
05-04-2004, 04:59 PM
car looks awesome! cant wait to see it in person!

Seneca
05-05-2004, 10:54 PM
I am so jonesing for a close up of the fronts with the stoptechs!!!!!

WOW :shock:

Rizzspeed
05-07-2004, 01:50 PM
So whatcha gonna do when the car is finally finished?
Any other cars in mind to mod then?

synth19
01-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Here is our first Car of the Month. By far one of the nicest 350 Z's out there...and maybe one of the most modded in the Chicagoland area. Tim's car has received all sort of praise from other Z enthusiasts across the country, and these pics will show you why:

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/1%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/3%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/4%20(Small).jpg

http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway/7%20(Small).jpg

FULL SIZE IMAGES OF THE ABOVE PICS ARE AVAIlABLE HERE:
http://www.chicagoz.com/members/blownaway
Modifications:

Engine and Drivetrain:
HKS Grounding kit (black)
GruppeM Intake
Crawford Headers
JWT Titanium valve springs and retainers
Tomei 268 Cams
ZEX 117RWHP Wet Kit
Mines Test Pipes
Futjisubo Y pipe
JIC Magic Exhaust
JWT Lightened Flywheel
RPS Stage Three Clutch
NISMO 1.5 GT LSD

Suspension:
JIC Carbon Fiber Strut tower bar
JIC FLA2 Coilovers
JIC Traction and Camber rods
NISMO Sways front and rear

Wheels:
Volk 19" GT7s with Dunlop Sp 9000

Brakes:
Stoptech 4 Wheel 14" 4 piston Big Brake Kit

EngineBay:
ARC Titanium Radiator air guide
Carbon Fiber Engine covers set of three
NISMO Radiator, GAS and OIL caps

Interior:
Avalon Racing Harness Bar
Bride Ergo Racing Seats with Sliders
Sparco Five point cam lock harness (Red)(Set)
Nismo Floor Mats
NISMO Titanium shift knob
Passport SR1 Radar front and rear

ICE:
Full A/V System with custom work
Boston Acoustics and Tweeter main Sponsors

Exterior:
JDM Clear Corners
Performance Nissan Overlay
Top Secret Carbon Fiber Front Diffuser
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Nismo Wing

SpeedQuest/ JIC/ Rays/ Stoptech/ Boston Acoustics/ Tweeter/ SGP

Q & A

ChicagoZ.com : What got you hooked to the 350z that you ended up purchasing it?
Blownaway : I run a Nissan VW dealership and we have a huge enthusiast customer base. We do a lot of Internet business and allot of service business with modded cars. When Nissan was getting ready to Launch Nismo and Nissan was getting ready to launch the new Z I was asked by our owner to build a few cars for sale that would show we have the same verve for our Nissan Enthusiasts. We built a Sentra Ser, Nissan 350Z and a Z roadster. I asked some friends of mine at Speedquest for their help, gave them budgets on the three cars and they came out stunning...after staring at the 350Z from my VW showroom, I decided to work out a way to buy it. I asked for a car allowance and got it. I bought the Z the same day. I called some of the companies that help make my VW one of the top modded dubs. Stoptech was the first to help. They had a new four wheel kit that they had just launched and we worked out an arrangement for the Z. The rest was wide open throttle since then. I went from not knowing anything about JDM, to being the poster boy want to be...in a sense.

ChicagoZ.com : What action does your Z mostly see? drag, autox, road race, show car, weekend car, and/or daily driver...
Blownaway : I built the Z to do all of the above. With my Passat I learned that a car can be all things...I learned that from SCCs ultimate sports car challenge, awarding points for Dyno, Show car, Every day driving, tracking, autoXing, braking and 1/4 mile. With just a change in the coilovers, differential and tire choice, my Z can do all of the above.

ChicagoZ.com : Any performance specs? 1/4 mile@mph, whp/wtorq, track times...
Blownaway : Right now she is a mid 12 second car on street tires, 295HP and 307 without being tuned...as soon as the Techno Square ECU is done, I should see much higher...as I can then take full advantage of the Tomei 268 Cams...and 7100 rev limit.

ChicagoZ.com : What other modifications are you planning on doing to the Z if any? Whether it's performance, handling, appearance, and/or sound system....
Blownaway : Well everything is pretty much finished, the final pieces of the puzzle, are the ECU(should have back Thursday), new differential cover (finned), new Nismo thermostat and new Diff fluid, maybe an oil cooler and new radiator later in life, but the car is pretty much finished....who knows, maybe a blower in a year or two with the current setup, but I would like to keep the car. so I want to make as much power as I can without hurting her...

ChicagoZ.com : Won any awards? Have any sponsorships?
Blownaway : First place last year at Import Revolution...Sponsors have been a huge help, Nothing in life is free, but the discounts and help I receive have been a blessing...Rob, John and John at Speedquest in grayslake have become great friends, I am proud of the business that they have made for themselves and I wish them great success. Great shop to have close by. They are also going to be the Technosquare Midwest Dyno tuner...Stoptech is another sponsor that is simply the best. Tweeter in Gurnee and Boston Acoustics for the wonderful stereo and unique goodies that they went out of their way to do... I am flattered that you would choose me as your first car of the month. I hope that Chicago Z becomes a great place for people to learn and share their love for cars...

updated: 4/28/04 vr3

ULTRALORD350
01-26-2005, 08:14 AM
WHAT KIND OF HEAD LIGHTS ARE THOSE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR THEM

synth19
01-26-2005, 10:13 AM
those arent yellow headlights, but a yellow overlay (essentially, a yellow tint film that goes over the headlight). Try www.bluebatmobile.com for the headlight overlay. I bought my sidemarker overlay from them (smoked), I'm very satisfied with the product.I believe you can also get a similar product from performance nissan

ULTRALORD350
01-26-2005, 01:16 PM
thanks bro

Rayden2001
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Congrats Tim :cool: :cheers: I still owe you a couple of drinks :poke: Have you been to the cove lately?