PDA

View Full Version : EXE "DVD/Touch Screen Headunit" Group Buy Thread/Review

Pages : [1] 2

Tyrant TT
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Alright everyone, we completely installed the sample head unit and everything went just as planned. The unit came quickly from China and it is high quality inside and out. I went ahead and listed the review below this post for your viewing pleasure.

How it will work:
This is how the group buy is going to work. The total price that is needed via paypal per unit is $315 and that will cover the 3% paypal fee. Again you can purchase as many head units as you'd like but you need to make sure you send $315 for each unit. Once two weeks or 50+ head units have been paid for we will start the closing the group buy to proceed to payment with the manufacturer. I am told that it will take 5-10 days for the head units to be received. Jim, is the person I am dealing with over there and he quoted 3-5 days on the sample unit and he was right on target. So we are fairly sure this quote will be met without delay.

What you are getting:
You will be receiving a brand new in the box In-Car DVD player with 7" Touch TFT Screen/SD/MMC Card Readers/BT/GPS/3D OSD Menu. This includes I-Pod Hookup, 2GB Map Space, Preloaded Maps, Navigation and Bluetooth capabilities. The specs are listed below.
>Slide down panel and automatically memorize the position of panel
>Built-in 3D cartoon OSD inereface
>Built-in Bluetooth and GPS naviation(optional)
>Built-in 4-channel inputs, TV tuner and AM/FM receiver
>Compatible with DVD, CD, MP3, MP4/SD/USB player (DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-18, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW)
>Supports PAL, NTSC, SECOM auto switch
>Electronic and mechanical anti-shock with ESP memory
>4 x 50W high power output
>Camera input
>Compatible with DVD, VCD and CD changer unit
>Supports two-seat monitors
>Two AV output and two AV input
>Whole controlling for three monitors, display different source simultaneously
>Automatic muting when calling in
>AUX input can to connect
>Full function remote control operation

It does play both the DVD player and run Navigation at the same time.
It does need a few extra parts like wiring harness and antenna adapter and others to use with your car.

What you will need:
Nissan vehicle antenna adapter cable- metra- 40NI10
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1163459.jpg

Stereo install kit- metra- 99-7402
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1163460.jpg

Turbowire cable systems- metra- 70-7551
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1163461.jpg

Those with out Bose (stock amped systems) need this instead of 70-7551
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1163462.jpg

Things you need to know:
***These head units are guaranteed by the manufacturer. That means they will repair or replace any defective units.
***Everyone that signed up on the first interest list will be entitled to purchase one of these head units within the GB payment allowance time.
***We will not be sending your hard earned money to China without taking the right precautions. We are setting up a Escrow account to release the money once the head units are received.
***Everything here is subject to change. If for any reason we feel uncomfortable with the deal we will cancel it and returns everyone's money.
***Once you pay you are 100% committed to buy. If you are not sure do not send the money. There are limited slots available in this group buy so please think before you send any funds.
***We do not accept partial payments or any other form thereof.

paypal address: GB@exeperformance.com

_____Area Held For Further Information_____

Paid List: -Will be updated here once/twice a week-
1. Highpsi4
2. ImportLabs-Brian

Send money to paypal address: GB@exeperformance.com

Tyrant TT
01-20-2009, 11:33 AM
EGZ, was nice enough to get us some pictures and video of the head unit. I have listed these below. He has not written a complete review of the system yet but he has told me nothing but good things since he received the unit. I went ahead and posted pictures, video and comments from EGZ. I will keep the third post on this thread open for his personal review so that everyone can get a third party opinion first hand.

Pictures:
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/MWBChris/Wheels%20and%20Parts/P1183493.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/MWBChris/Wheels%20and%20Parts/P1183495.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/MWBChris/Wheels%20and%20Parts/P1193512.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/MWBChris/Wheels%20and%20Parts/P1193514.jpg

Video:
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/head%20unit%20pics/?action=view&current=P1193505.flv
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/head%20unit%20pics/?action=view&current=P1193506.flv

I would like to personally thank all of you for your interest in this deal and a special thanks to EGZ for being the tester and reviewer of this product.

Tyrant TT
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
<This area being held for EGZ's personaly review>

Foques
01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I thought price was supposed to be 250, no?
which parts will I need for an 08 altima?

Tyrant TT
01-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Foques that was the price without the Navigation, Bluethooth and I-Pod hookup. We decided we weren't going to order some with and some without so we are going for the fully loaded versions only.

Foques
01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
gotcha...
how about me second question?
My lady is getting one for her car, and I would be responsible for the parts order - want to make sure that all is correct when I do get them parts.
thanks

Tyrant TT
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I can't supply that type of information sorry man. I would assume if you took the list of what you needed for the Z a stereo installer could tell you the equivalent for the Altima. Sorry again I couldn't be of more help.

Also in the picture of the head unit's screen, there is a plastic protective cover over it. Thats what you see there.

Keith350z
01-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Parts listed are Nissan parts, not Z parts. So Id imagine they would be the same as long as the Altima was in the range of years that those are listed for.

krnzzang84
01-20-2009, 12:16 PM
waiting for paypal address to be released!!

hectic
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
waiting for paypal address to be released!!

Yep just tell me where to send the money.

Foques
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
same here..

Intel
01-20-2009, 12:39 PM
just go on crutchfield or metra and put in the car and it will tell you what harnesses you need. Then buy them off ebay for 2 to 10 dollars each. Buying one of these for the maxima and moving the Alpine 9815 to the 300zx to replace a sony xplod (don't want to deal with putting a double din into that 300).

supervinn
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
oh snapp! do we need to put our name on the list now? or do we just wait for the paypal account and start sending money?

Zquicksilver
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Is there anyway we could get some dimensions (H, W, D) on this unit...?

Also, is there a plan to meet up somewhere so we can check this out in person?

Thanks,
Zquicksilver

.eric
01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm still in + another 2-4 people, just need the paypal address!

p0tential
01-21-2009, 12:22 AM
awaiting paypal address!!!....

also, egz...is there anyway we can host a chicagoz meet to see a live demo?

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
The paypal address will be updated today on the main post. As far as a meet to see EGZ's head unit goes...I don't plan on setting anything up but I'm sure if you PM him he would be more then willing to show you the head unit from what I am told. Sorry just to much stuff going on to get a meet going for this.

Foques
01-21-2009, 08:47 AM
one more question, is there a way to connect the external amps to it?
as in are there outputs to do that?

thanks

Zquicksilver
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
one more question, is there a way to connect the external amps to it?
as in are there outputs to do that?

thanks

+1 to EGZ

Expandibility...

I see a bunch of wires including a pair of RED and WHITE that come out of the bottom of the HU. Are those RCA (R, L) connections for an external AMP?

Or do we need to purchase the kit 70-7551 with the 2 harnesses and jacks to hook-up an aftermarket system?
http://www.installer-parts.com/by_item.php?it=70-7551

And last, it says Nav and bluetooth "capabilities". It does come with a DVD w/ nav info correct?

Thanks,
Zquicksilver

.eric
01-21-2009, 09:50 AM
EGZ, can you get a vid of what the GPS part looks like?

OWTKAST cpt
01-21-2009, 10:13 AM
GRRRRRR... hopefully i can get a job soon and get in on this....

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 12:57 PM
paypal address: GB@exeperformance.com
Price: $315 since the paypal fee went up. Sorry guys.

Foques
01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
by when do we need to provide money?

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Friday, Feb. 6th is the current cut-off date to take money. This is subject to change though.

Foques
01-21-2009, 01:12 PM
okay. as long as it is not happening earlier :)

Zquicksilver
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
EGZ... if you're out there, please get us the info. Also, a lot of members would love to meet you and see this unit in person, including myself. :)

We all know its a no-name device, I'm still OK with it. Similar priced NAV/dvd recievers go for $999 +

This is the factory that produces it...
http://www.yitongroup.com/

Zquicksilver

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Keep those orders rolling in! We are already at 18 paid!

eddieboi28
01-21-2009, 06:24 PM
quick question regarding the navi. how bout the update software? is it going to be provided by the manufacturer two years or so from now?

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Eddie, I will ask the manufacturer but they are on Chinese New Year so it will be Feb 6th before I hear back. Sorry.

eddieboi28
01-21-2009, 06:38 PM
ok, just want to make sure that it would be easy to get software update. thanks

DjGenuine
01-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Yo EGZ can you post a new video(s) of some of the other features..Bluetooth, Navigation, TV and some of the menus for radio, dvd and so on...

I really want to get it and pay for it now...but I would really like to see how the screens and ease of use is..

Thanks.

supervinn
01-21-2009, 08:17 PM
yo! payment sent! waiting to claim the money =]

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I have tried to contact EGZ. He is prolly just busy with stuff. I will stay on him to help you guys with questions. He is a good guy and is doing this all as a favor.

krnzzang84
01-21-2009, 10:24 PM
WTF.... I was looking forward about this GB!!
I don't know what to do!

.eric
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
GG Vin. He messed with you once before and made you sound like you were an idiot on this forum and you never learn lol.

But what is the difference between this HEADUNIT and say some HONG KONG crap like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Bluetooth-iPod-MP4-Stereo-Samsung_W0QQitemZ190278740039QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCa r_Video_Navigation?hash=item190278740039&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1309%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Looks like pretty much the same thing actually.

Tyrant TT
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
All double din screens look the same but it's not even close if you look at the buttons. Either way Yitongroup who produces these, makes head units for Ford, Toyota, Buick and others. They have quality products not ebay stuff. Maybe I'm wrong though...You have no idea who made that EBay head unit.

krnzzang84
01-21-2009, 10:53 PM
All double din screens look the same but it's not even close if you look at the buttons. Either way Yitongroup who produces these, makes head units for Ford, Toyota, Buick and others. They have quality products not ebay stuff. Maybe I'm wrong though...You have no idea who made that EBay head unit.

Yeah Chris is right about those ebay cheap $hit. And I believe this GB is legit! I am just afraid of the quality. So please Please EGZ give us a review! EGZ you should get used to the unit and use it for week or so then give us a review! I don't think just using it for day or two is not gonna be enough time for you to really know the product!! And if i may i want to see it in person! I think EGZ goes to Harper college right?? I can meet you up in school if you don't mind!! Please PM me. Thank you

egz
01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
+1 to EGZ

Expandibility...

I see a bunch of wires including a pair of RED and WHITE that come out of the bottom of the HU. Are those RCA (R, L) connections for an external AMP?

Or do we need to purchase the kit 70-7551 with the 2 harnesses and jacks to hook-up an aftermarket system?
http://www.installer-parts.com/by_item.php?it=70-7551

And last, it says Nav and bluetooth "capabilities". It does come with a DVD w/ nav info correct?

Thanks,
Zquicksilver

There is one pair of aux in (r,l) so for a camera of some sort and one pair of rca going out.... so if one has a bose system then the 70-7551 is required with a 4 channel line out put converter which converts speaker wires coming out of the head unit into rca's ( i will show pics of this when i wire it up) so the rca's on the harness plug into the 4 channel rca's then you can use the rca's coming out of the hu for external amp

comes with maps pre loaded on an sd card that is already in the unit

egz
01-22-2009, 01:13 AM
EGZ, can you get a vid of what the GPS part looks like?

as soon as its installed in my car im waiting for best buy to get the line output converter so im very sorry for the delay in install it would have been done the day of but i didnt know that i was going to need this

egz
01-22-2009, 01:40 AM
And i just wanted to add that I'm very sorry for being MIA its been a hectic last few days with school and work and i havent been able to get online.

Like i previously posted I'm waiting for one more part to come in at best buy (i was told they got a shipment last night jan 21) and the part is suppose to be on the shipment. It is a 4 channel line output converter that i need because i have a touring edition with bose system (stock amped system) and i want to retain stock speakers amp and wiring.

So I'm going to try to pick it up today (jan 22) and try to install the unit in between classes.

I live in elk grove village, 5 mins away from woodfield, and go to school at harper. Anyone that would like to see the unit will be able to when i get it in. I'm also willing to do a CZ meet if that works for you guys. just let me know what you guys need and ill see what i can do.

thanks for all of your guy's patience and from what i have seen from the unit so far it is very nice and works well.

i'm on no ones side... but weren't the other threads closed for a reason???? so why come in his thread and start more bashing when the others were closed for the same reason. the mods obviously deleted everyones post so this could continue to go through with out problems for a reason.... so let it go.

I would like to agree with jeremy on this. I'm on no ones side but a few days ago (b4 all this) I trusted chris, sent out the money, and 4 days later got the unit. Have not had any problems as of yet with this buying experience. Just wanted to state those facts.

and anyone with anymore ?'s just ask!

synth19
01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm tired of babysitting and frankly swamped at work. Jeremy said it best, the other threads were closed for a reason, and Chris has been given a chance to prove himself with this group buy. You are paying with paypal, and you are 100% protected if you change your payment method to your credit card. I do this with ALL vendors regardless if I know them or not. Let's keep this thread clean.

Tyrant TT
01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up EGZ. Grab us some video when you can. Thanks again for the help getting out information on this head unit!

symalik
01-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I am interested as well, just want to see a video off the GPS and ipod hook up, I can also meet at harper around 8am or 5pm.

Zquicksilver
01-22-2009, 02:03 PM
and one pair of rca going out.... so if one has a bose system then the 70-7551 is required with a 4 channel line out put converter which converts speaker wires coming out of the head unit into rca's

comes with maps pre loaded on an sd card that is already in the unit

Thanks for the response EGZ. I was hoping it had more than one pair of RCA's (because a pair for the sub (+ control) would be a plus), so I have to think about this.

Zquicksilver

supervinn
01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm tired of babysitting and frankly swamped at work. Jeremy said it best, the other threads were closed for a reason, and Chris has been given a chance to prove himself with this group buy. You are paying with paypal, and you are 100% protected if you change your payment method to your credit card. I do this with ALL vendors regardless if I know them or not. Let's keep this thread clean.

yeah i believe everyone deserves a second chance too, thats y i did not say anything directly to chris. i was very skeptical when i 1st read larry's thread but after all, we are using paypal. paypal is 100% with buyers from my experience, so for all those people that paid for it should not be worry.

Tyrant TT
01-22-2009, 04:41 PM
You guys are going to love these head units. Really pumped to be able to hook everyone up with something they need and want for such a good price.

DIESEL_89
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
im pumped. waiting on a final review :). quick question does it have the feature that the avic has....where u can change button colors?

DjGenuine
01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah...Im hyped up too...but need a review with all the features being shown.

Yo, EGZ, Im down to meet up to check it out once you have it all installed and all features are up and running.

Thanks.

be_good_chop_shop
01-22-2009, 10:12 PM
that's one hell of a price for a double din!! if i dint have one already i would grab this biSH up!!

hectic
01-23-2009, 03:17 AM
:admin:

I always wanted to use this smiley.

egz
01-23-2009, 06:05 AM
hey guys i got it in last night but pasted rit out cuz im up now for work..... ill b busy all day so i wont b able to give any details today but i got it installed last night!

It works really well it was just a pain in the @$$ fitting everything in that small dash of ours..... ill have some pics and a few vids up some time this sat (tomorrow) and if anyone wants to meet up sat or sun to check it out let me know which day and time the most ppl can do (morning afternoon or evening) and ill do the best that i can to learn the features as best as possible by then.

and once again im sorry it took sooo long to get it in...i was just delayed with skoo work and parts this week.

DjGenuine
01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Alright!...sounds good EGZ.

I can meet Saturday or Sunday to check it out.

Saturday : Morning or Afternoon.

Sunday : Anytime.

Let me know whats up.

Zquicksilver
01-24-2009, 10:16 AM
^ +1

just let us know when you can do it :)

Zquicksilver

egz
01-24-2009, 09:26 PM
hey guys this unit is in and it looks good heres a vid for now im goin to do a review as soon as i get to know it better!

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/?action=view&current=P1243525.flv

Tyrant TT
01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Nice man. The video looks good.

egz
01-25-2009, 11:18 AM
hey guys im going to be at the addison shirt meet 2nit... so if anyone is free its at 6 its at portillo's hope to see some of you guys there!!

supervinn
01-25-2009, 03:46 PM
looks pretty nice. can u change the background or no? lol

egz
01-25-2009, 07:38 PM
looks pretty nice. can u change the background or no? lol

idk yet i need to get a sd card with some pics on it in there to c if i can do that...the back round is a lil boring...

Buddha
01-25-2009, 07:40 PM
saw the headunit and its actually pretty cool, ipod controls and touch screen works well and pic quality is great guys a good deal too, id pic one up if i didnt have a jvc already in my car. good buy guys def jump on it if you want a screen.

jeremycliff
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
i plan on getting one :D

synth19
01-25-2009, 08:07 PM
hey guys im going to be at the addison shirt meet 2nit... so if anyone is free its at 6 its at portillo's hope to see some of you guys there!!

Was at this meet and HU was pretty cool in person. :thumbsup:

ChiGTS
01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Sweet! Just bought 2 units!

supervinn
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Sweet! Just bought 2 units!

rich bastard

Tyrant TT
01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I got did receive your payments ChiGTS. Guys if you want in on this better do it soon! It's starting to fill up!

egz
01-26-2009, 07:07 PM
anyone have any more ?'s for me?

DjGenuine
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Yo eXe...you say starting to fill up?...not sure what you mean, cuz I only see two people on the list for payed. Let me how many people you have already as payed...Im close to making my decision to buy 1 or maybe even 2.

Thanks.

jeremycliff
01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
^^^ maybe people are sending him PMs or just straight sending the money to the paypal :dunno:

ill be sending mine soon.

Tyrant TT
01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Yo eXe...you say starting to fill up?...not sure what you mean, cuz I only see two people on the list for payed. Let me how many people you have already as payed...Im close to making my decision to buy 1 or maybe even 2.

Thanks.

I stated i was going to update the list once a week. Also I have a few people from other sites I let in on this and some other personal friends. No super big rush just letting people know the list is starting to get pretty populated.

Buddha
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks.

dude you need to jump on it, from the looks of it they are sick, i got to see it in person yesterday. great setup for the price.

egz
01-26-2009, 11:28 PM
im at harper all day tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up there

eddieboi28
01-27-2009, 01:11 PM
egz still waiting on the answer regarding software updates on the navi? will make decision then. thanks

Tyrant TT
01-27-2009, 04:32 PM
egz still waiting on the answer regarding software updates on the navi? will make decision then. thanks

EGZ is just the tester. EXE is the one handling the GB. Either way I will try and find out a answer to your question as soon as possible. Just waiting for the Chinese New Year to pass so they are back to work over there. I will deff keep ya updated. Thanks!

egz
01-27-2009, 04:47 PM

sry im not sure about any software updates

krnzzang84
01-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I am ready to paid!
EXE can you please tell us when we are going to recieve the product??
guessing around mid feb?

Tyrant TT
01-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Krn, I was told 5-10 days after we turn in the money. That being said I assume it will be more like 8-12 days after we turn in the money but still thats not bad at all. I will update this thread when I know we are getting ready to close the GB and send out the payment.

.eric
01-28-2009, 09:23 AM
I just sent in a payment for 3 units ... how come it says the recipient is Jeremy Cliff?

Tyrant TT
01-28-2009, 09:57 AM
He's helping me out with the GB. Keeping track of people ordering and payments. Working off the cost of a unit for himself :)

.eric
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Ah gotcha, any idea how long before the GB is closed and the money is turned in?

And are we just going to have a meet to pick everything up when all is said and done?

Tyrant TT
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Eric,
We'll setup a pick up meet or anyone is welcome to come out to Bolingbrook and pick up the unit if they can't make the meet. As far as the GB closing...that won't be until a few days after the Chinese New Year is over so everyone get a chance to pay once they get their questions answered.

spoolin_vq
01-28-2009, 01:19 PM
payment sent :)

Tyrant TT
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Got it! Thanks Spoolin

Tyrant TT
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Chinese New year is almost over!

DjGenuine
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Chinese New year is almost over!

Alright!..Hopefully I get to look @ the unit before its over...so I can place my order.

egz
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Alright!..Hopefully I get to look @ the unit before its over...so I can place my order.

just let me know guys i think i can do a meet in or around woodfield or schaumburg tomorrow afternoon.... start a list if you guys wana check it out!

DjGenuine
01-30-2009, 09:46 PM
hey egz, I can meet tomorrow around woodfield...not sure if it would be worth it for you if I was the only one to show up. Let me know when I can check out the unit.

egz
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
hey egz, I can meet tomorrow around woodfield...not sure if it would be worth it for you if I was the only one to show up. Let me know when I can check out the unit.

yoyo yea thats koo i just got home from the city give me a call an we can meet up 847 840 8607

egz
01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
oh and i just last night figured out how to play music and the gps at the same time it all works together! sry this is all takin so long guys this is my first double din and i cant drive my car everyday due to weather but 4 $300 you cant go wrong!

I Phantom I
01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
What time are you guys meeting??? I'd like to check this out also!

egz
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
more pics an a gps video. its not the best quality video, its just showing how it looks and works
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/?action=view&current=P1303525.flv
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1243524.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1313527.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1313528.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/plishboy15/P1313529.jpg

egz
01-31-2009, 03:28 PM
What time are you guys meeting??? I'd like to check this out also!

im not sure ill b free around 415 just give me a call or text me it my cell if you or anyone wants to meet up say between 430 and 5 today

egz
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
im free till about 630 so lemi know if u wana meet up

saint365
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
very tempting!!!

Foques
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
My lady has sent them money..
I will have to wait till next wave - me dad is in the hospital, and his insurance isn't covering the eye problem.. :(

p0tential
02-02-2009, 01:34 AM
more pics an a gps video. its not the best quality video, its just showing how it looks and works

"i dont understand what your doing?"
"shutup!"

i lolzd

egz
02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
"i dont understand what your doing?"
"shutup!"

i lolzd

haha yea i did to when i heard it.... it was my sister, i had just explained y i was having her do it and i guess she still didnt understand it:doh: lol

Luis _Andrade
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
whats up,

So tonight i met up with EGZ to take a look at the new head unit. First impression is that it looks pretty good. Clean install by EGZ and it looks good in the dash. Keep in mind i had maybe about 30 minutes of total time with the unit. The biggest thing for me was how well the interface was with the control of the unit and the IPOD control. I was looking for ease of use cuz when Im driving I like to try to pay attention to the road. (haha) the controls are not to bad, it takes some time to get used to as with anything, but once you get the hang of it im sure it will be second nature. The IPOD control is pretty standard. its kind of a pain with the touch screen, but once you use the remote it got a lot easier. I have a lot of stuff on my IPOD so getting to the Artists that start with later letters (S-Z) took alot of button pressing but this is the case with most IPOD controls. We got my IPOD and hooked it up and in the beginning we had some problems, but we figured it all out. We were not however able to play the videos I had on my Ipod through the screen for whatever reason. If IPOD control is not a huge issue for you than not to worry. We also tried the blue tooth with his phone. It sounded great coming through the Z speakers, and the music stopped and the phone number appeared on the screen when I called. The microphone is built in to the unit so there is no need to attach a microphone somewhere on your dash which is convenient. The person on the other end said they could hear us clearly. The blue tooth defintely is a great feature on this Unit. Next off was the GPS. it took a while to load, but once it did it was pretty easy to use. you just type the adress and the map shows up. there is also a voice that stops the music and tells you when you need to turn. pretty nice feature. EGZ had it set to shortest route and it took us kind of an odd way to my house, so you might want to change the settings and play around to get the best route to where you are going. The main menu is pretty easy to use, just touch what you want tuner, dvd, GPS, etc.. there was a good EQ to mess with the settings so your music sounds the best. The DVD player played DVD's and the screen looked great! Over all this is a good unit and you get a hell of a lot of bang for your buck. The 30 minutes i spent with it were short. Im sure once everyone gets this and they play with the controls and everything will become more intuitive. If anyone else has any questions about the unit let me know. Hope this helps some people out.

Luis A.

jeremycliff
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
wow, nice write up Luis. Looking forward to getting mine!

Tyrant TT
02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
very nice write up +rep to you sir.

I Phantom I
02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Can I still get in on this? I know there was an original waiting list so I don't want to take up anyone's spot.

But if there's room for me to get one in the first wave can you please let me know. I have cash in handing waiting...

egz
02-02-2009, 11:54 PM
whats up,

So tonight i met up with EGZ to take a look at the new head unit. First impression is that it looks pretty good. Clean install by EGZ and it looks good in the dash. Keep in mind i had maybe about 30 minutes of total time with the unit. The biggest thing for me was how well the interface was with the control of the unit and the IPOD control. I was looking for ease of use cuz when Im driving I like to try to pay attention to the road. (haha) the controls are not to bad, it takes some time to get used to as with anything, but once you get the hang of it im sure it will be second nature. The IPOD control is pretty standard. its kind of a pain with the touch screen, but once you use the remote it got a lot easier. I have a lot of stuff on my IPOD so getting to the Artists that start with later letters (S-Z) took alot of button pressing but this is the case with most IPOD controls. We got my IPOD and hooked it up and in the beginning we had some problems, but we figured it all out. We were not however able to play the videos I had on my Ipod through the screen for whatever reason. If IPOD control is not a huge issue for you than not to worry. We also tried the blue tooth with his phone. It sounded great coming through the Z speakers, and the music stopped and the phone number appeared on the screen when I called. The microphone is built in to the unit so there is no need to attach a microphone somewhere on your dash which is convenient. The person on the other end said they could hear us clearly. The blue tooth defintely is a great feature on this Unit. Next off was the GPS. it took a while to load, but once it did it was pretty easy to use. you just type the adress and the map shows up. there is also a voice that stops the music and tells you when you need to turn. pretty nice feature. EGZ had it set to shortest route and it took us kind of an odd way to my house, so you might want to change the settings and play around to get the best route to where you are going. The main menu is pretty easy to use, just touch what you want tuner, dvd, GPS, etc.. there was a good EQ to mess with the settings so your music sounds the best. The DVD player played DVD's and the screen looked great! Over all this is a good unit and you get a hell of a lot of bang for your buck. The 30 minutes i spent with it were short. Im sure once everyone gets this and they play with the controls and everything will become more intuitive. If anyone else has any questions about the unit let me know. Hope this helps some people out.

Luis A.

thanks for putting this much effort into the write up!! I've been meaning to get some one elses opinion about this unit that has had a touch screen b4 because this is my first dd so all the options seemed ok to me because i had nothing to compare it to.

There were a few things i wanted to add now that ive had alil more experience with the unit:

-you can view Jpeg images on the unit i just havent figured out a way to change the backrounds with those images (if there is a way)

-MP4 format video's play without a problem so get all you need to do is get a file converter on your comp and watch any video's you want on this unit

-It is possible to watch videos, play music, ipod, sd card, play radio while operating the gps and if you are in route but on another screen (say watching a video) it will still turn off the music and tell you about up coming turns.

again anyone with ?'s about functions of the unit just let me know and i will try to answer them or figure them out on the unit!

Tyrant TT
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Can I still get in on this? I know there was an original waiting list so I don't want to take up anyone's spot.

But if there's room for me to get one in the first wave can you please let me know. I have cash in handing waiting...

Yes, you can still get in on this. Just follow the steps on the first page. I should have a list compiled soon.

I Phantom I
02-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Yes, you can still get in on this. Just follow the steps on the first page. I should have a list compiled soon.

Thank you sir, you just made my day! :yahoo:

RamsZ33
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
glad I saw this thread, can't wait to get mine :)

Rich82
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Payment Sent Chris

egz
02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
phantomnismo had a good question id thought id share with the rest of you

Is there an option for satellite radio on the unit?

oh good ? umm im not sure how does a satellite radio hook up look? i mean there are a few outs and ins on the back of the unit so it could be one of them.

Non are specified as satellite radio but there is a Spdif out, ipod hook up, aux in, aux video in, cam video in, r&l out, and 2 video outs

there is also a radio ant in, tv ant in, gps ant in, and a gps socket (i dont know what the difference is)

v0va
02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
these sound pretty legit, will we be able to buy them after the gb is over?

Tyrant TT
02-04-2009, 11:12 PM
v0va their have been idea of doing another one GB with the same company for a few different items but not sure if we will do another with the head units. Not ruled out completely though.

v0va
02-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Can we purchase it directly from the company at a higher price at a later time?

Tyrant TT
02-05-2009, 08:24 AM
v0va no they don't work like that. I have a minimum I have to buy and I was able to deal them down to lowering my minimum so I could get this done. So I seriously doubt it but your welcome to give it a shot.

I Phantom I
02-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Anyone know what connection is needed for Satellite radio?

Listening to Sirius on the Evo has kind of spoiled me :D
I really want to add this to the Z... any help appreciated (yes I know w/ an iPOD there's no need)

Wait..... one more ?

Will we still be able to use the steering wheel controls for volume/power and such???

Thanks!

DjGenuine
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Anyone know what connection is needed for Satellite radio?

Listening to Sirius on the Evo has kind of spoiled me :D
I really want to add this to the Z... any help appreciated (yes I know w/ an iPOD there's no need)

Will we still be able to use the steering wheel controls for volume/power and such???

Thanks!

^ +2 , except I have a G35...not sure if it would make a difference.

Tyrant TT
02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
It does not have a pre built in satalite radio connection. I am speaking with my guy now.

Tyrant TT
02-06-2009, 12:10 AM

From what I understand their won't be any software updates but the maps are preloaded there and sold in 1.5gb SD memory cards.

RamsZ33
02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
how close are we to ordering them?

Tyrant TT
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I will give everyone till the end of this coming week. Then we will order.

DjGenuine
02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Yo Egz, let me know if you have some time today or tomorrow, maybe I can meet up with you and check out the unit.

egz
02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
yea im not too buzy 2day just gana do an oil change i think

egz
02-07-2009, 04:40 PM
im meeting djgenuine up at starbucks at streets of woodfield at 5 if anyone is in the area and want to c the unit lemi know

Tyrant TT
02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
This coming week if the last week of the Group Buy. We are planning on sending final payment for the GB on Monday Feb. 16th at 9am. All orders must be in prior to this date.

Pat_kono
02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
If only I didn't buy a crap load of detailing products id be all over this GB, my Maxima is in need of a head unit replacement.
Thanks for bringing this offer to the community Chris.

Tyrant TT
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
If only I didn't buy a crap load of detailing products id be all over this GB, my Maxima is in need of a head unit replacement.
Thanks for bringing this offer to the community Chris.

Thanks for saying so man. :cheers:

krnzzang84
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey cris
so this unit can run two different programs(Navi+Mp3) at same time; with external screen? what i am trying to do is run a extra screen on cubby to show navi while mp3 on mani screen. can you plz confirm this!

I check out the unit. It was pretty nice built unit. however i didn't like th running os program. it was cartoon based os and navi, but the physical unit was pretty good.
for 315 shipped can't beat this deal!!!! damn i really want the unit but i really don;t like that os interface. Man..exhaust or this arggggg

DjGenuine
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey cris
It was pretty nice built unit. however i didn't like th running os program. it was cartoon based os and navi, but the physical unit was pretty good.
for 315 shipped can't beat this deal!!!! damn i really want the unit but i really don;t like that os interface. Man..exhaust or this arggggg

^...I hear ya...I checked out the unit too and it looks good for this price...cant beat it, but the interface is kinda chinese style looking...its nothing like the pioneers and kenwoods...but hey this price is unbeatable!

I still have a couple days to make my decision....

Tyrant TT
02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey cris
so this unit can run two different programs(Navi+Mp3) at same time; with external screen? what i am trying to do is run a extra screen on cubby to show navi while mp3 on mani screen. can you plz confirm this!

I check out the unit. It was pretty nice built unit. however i didn't like th running os program. it was cartoon based os and navi, but the physical unit was pretty good.

Krn, from what I have been told you can run radio and navi at the same time. As far as mp3 I am not certain. I will try and ask EGZ on AIM and let you know. Also just FYI I have a new exhaust we are bringing over from Japan called ISIS. It's very similar in looks and sound to the HKS dual. It's a month or so out but it's extremely nice and the price isn't going to be a whole bunch much more then this head unit.

Either way I will get back to you on the mp3 and navi.

hectic
02-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Just hoping my taxes get here soon, I had to jump on a MacBook couldn't beat the price and I needed a new computer.

egz
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Krn, from what I have been told you can run radio and navi at the same time. As far as mp3 I am not certain. I will try and ask EGZ on AIM and let you know. Also just FYI I have a new exhaust we are bringing over from Japan called ISIS. It's very similar in looks and sound to the HKS dual. It's a month or so out but it's extremely nice and the price isn't going to be a whole bunch much more then this head unit.

Dibs on exhaust!!!!

And yes i mentioned it in a post b4 that you can play mp3/dvd/cd/ipod/sd card/radio in the backround while the gps is doing it's thing and you can troggle between the two.

Another nice thing is when you need to turn or the gps tells you to do somthing it turns the music off, says it, and continues playing.

Same goes for when you bluetooth your phone to the headunit. When you get an incoming call it turns the music off (sound goes through speakers and there is a built in mic on hu which when i talk to ppl though it they hear me fine.... buhdaG, Luis _Andrade, and DjGenuine have seen this in action so ask them wat they thought of it if you have ?'s) and pops up on the headunit with the number but no caller id = / guess you cant have it all but its still really nice and you can answer the call from the hu so you dont even need to take your phone out of your pocket!

like ive said b4 this is my first touchscreen but im very happy with it! it works well, the touchscreen is very responsive, and looks good. cant ask for much more out of a touchscreen thats priced like a single din head unit:cheers:

p0tential
02-10-2009, 12:04 AM

definitely interested in the exhaust...more info please!

Tyrant TT
02-10-2009, 08:08 AM
ok ok ok enough exhaust talk in this thread. I will make a separate GB thread when that all goes down. I have to finish this GB up and become a site sponsor before I go any further.

krnzzang84
02-10-2009, 10:54 AM
HEY EGZ were every able to find out if you could control what gets displayed on the external screen if you ever hook it up?? If we hook up a external screen; there is no point to hookup the external screen if it is gonna display the same thing on the head units. nobody answered my question... Am i able to do navi on one screen and mp3 on other screen?? This feature is very important for me,, only reason buying the head unit.
I know it ca play the music background and do navi!

I Phantom I
02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
EGZ:
You free at all today before 3? I'd like to check the unit out...

DjGenuine
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know if I will be able to retain the steering wheel controls?

Do I need an adapter to keep the controls?
I would really like to keep the ease of the controls on the steering wheel.

I Phantom I
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know if I will be able to retain the steering wheel controls?

Do I need an adapter to keep the controls?
I would really like to keep the ease of the controls on the steering wheel.

That's why I asked to meet with him today... since nobody knew if we could. Maybe you can meet up also?

Tyrant TT
02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I've messaged EGZ on AIM to let him know you guys are trying to get a hold of him to meet up. He didn't respond so he might be out. I also messaged my contact at Yiton Group to find out if he can answer those questions for us. They are one a very different time so he is usually only around very early in the morning or late at night. I will try my best to get a hold of him and get your questions answered promptly.

I Phantom I
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I've messaged EGZ on AIM to let him know you guys are trying to get a hold of him to meet up. He didn't respond so he might be out. I also messaged my contact at Yiton Group to find out if he can answer those questions for us. They are one a very different time so he is usually only around very early in the morning or late at night. I will try my best to get a hold of him and get your questions answered promptly.

+ rep for the effort dude! Thanks for the help!

krnzzang84
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Chris please ask my question!!!
Once you confirm it i am rdy to buy!!!

Tyrant TT
02-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Chris please ask my question!!!
Once you confirm it i am rdy to buy!!!

I got ya man. No worries. Your question and the steering wheel question is what I am asking as soon as he gets back to me.

egz
02-11-2009, 12:32 AM
That's why I asked to meet with him today... since nobody knew if we could. Maybe you can meet up also?

were u refering to me?

sry i was at skoo all day just got home from chillin wit sum buddys and am about to pass out.... i mite be able to meet up tomorrow nit around 9 mabi later lemi no

I Phantom I
02-11-2009, 03:48 AM
were u refering to me?

sry i was at skoo all day just got home from chillin wit sum buddys and am about to pass out.... i mite be able to meet up tomorrow nit around 9 mabi later lemi no

:doh: I get out of work around 10:30.... Don't know if that's too late?

Thanks!

Tyrant TT
02-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Alright well here is the deal. I asked my contact our questions and he said...

Q: Can the head unit handle two screens at once and if so can they watch different items like MP4 on one and Navi on the other.

A: I'll have to check with our engineers.

Q:Can the unit be hooked up to our factory steering wheel volume, mode and station controls?

A: The current sample unit cannot but the revision might be able to but he needs to check with the engineer.

After this I asked about changing the background picture and he said they could do it at the factory prior to shipping or leave it the same. Then we got into verifing the price one more time and from what I gather he can add the functions if they aren't already part of this unit but it would change the price per unit. I told him DO NOT change anything on the price. So if the unit doesn't have those functions we won't be upgrading the unit to add them sorry. Either way I am suppose to know for sure tomorrow morning on these two questions.
-Chris

Rayden2001
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
WOW! Thats a good deal , is this still going on? Does it have a digital eq built in?

Tyrant TT
02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Rayden, yes it's still going on. Yes, it has a digital eq built in. Not sure how broad it is but it does have it. The GB ends on Monday morning.

egz
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
WOW! Thats a good deal , is this still going on? Does it have a digital eq built in?

yea its does but its very basic....balance, fade, bass, treble and a loud filter option. Dont no exactly what it does but it made my system and stock speakers a lot louder opposed to it being turned off.

egz
02-11-2009, 09:17 PM
:doh: I get out of work around 10:30.... Don't know if that's too late?

Thanks!

ummm give me a call when you get out of work or if ur not doin anythin cuz tomorrow i don work or have skoo so mabi we can work somthing out then

krnzzang84
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
anyupdates??

Tyrant TT
02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Yea, KRN basically it can be added but it's going to bounce the cost of the unit higher. So basically no it's not available and neither are the steering wheel controls. Sorry guys.

egz
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Yea, KRN basically it can be added but it's going to bounce the cost of the unit higher. So basically no it's not available and neither are the steering wheel controls. Sorry guys.

wat was he asking about?

krnzzang84
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
do dual screen view!
running mp3 on main unit and running navi on seperate top screen

krnzzang84
02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
now i don't know..

Tyrant TT
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey at least you know you could always get yoru money back out of it.

krnzzang84
02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey at least you know you could always get yoru money back out of it.
Very true :D
quick question..
so how can you apply the external av output?
dvd??

krnzzang84
02-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey chris can you tell me more about this feature on the HU

What you are getting:
You will be receiving a brand new in the box In-Car DVD player with 7" Touch TFT Screen/SD/MMC Card Readers/BT/GPS/3D OSD Menu. This includes I-Pod Hookup, 2GB Map Space, Preloaded Maps, Navigation and Bluetooth capabilities. The specs are listed below.
>Slide down panel and automatically memorize the position of panel
>Built-in 3D cartoon OSD inereface
>Built-in Bluetooth and GPS naviation(optional)
>Built-in 4-channel inputs, TV tuner and AM/FM receiver
>Compatible with DVD, CD, MP3, MP4/SD/USB player (DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-18, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW)
>Supports PAL, NTSC, SECOM auto switch
>Electronic and mechanical anti-shock with ESP memory
>4 x 50W high power output
>Camera input
>Compatible with DVD, VCD and CD changer unit
>Supports two-seat monitors
>Two AV output and two AV input
>Whole controlling for three monitors, display different source simultaneously
>Automatic muting when calling in
>AUX input can to connect
>Full function remote control operation

THank you!!!!
I am looking couple HU on ebay too, they are better but price is twice as expensive. and it don't get too much better where extra $300 was worth THis HU is definetly worth da money!

krnzzang84
02-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Chris can you answer this one possibly:
So i am able to use main unit, run gps and hook up a external screen and watch DVD same time??

So sorry keep asking so many question.

egz
02-14-2009, 03:47 PM
i wish i had a external screen to test this out for u guys...sry = /

supervinn
02-14-2009, 06:15 PM
i have a liliput touchscreen 7" if thats what u need. let me know. come by sometime and we can answer that question

Tyrant TT
02-14-2009, 06:28 PM
KRN: I can either wait till Monday and talk to my contact at Yiton or you can hook up with EGZ and SuperVinn and get another screen installed.

krnzzang84
02-14-2009, 08:00 PM
thx!

egz
02-14-2009, 09:43 PM
i have a liliput touchscreen 7" if thats what u need. let me know. come by sometime and we can answer that question

is that like a head unit or a separet monitor... if its like a monitor then that ll work and wat are u doing tomorrow?

supervinn
02-15-2009, 04:10 PM
its a lili put touchscreen i use to have in my Z for the carPC. its not a headunit. tomoorow i have work then school. where do u live by? i go to UIC.

Intel
02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
So have we finished the group buy on this and put in the order or what is the status?

egz
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
its a lili put touchscreen i use to have in my Z for the carPC. its not a headunit. tomoorow i have work then school. where do u live by? i go to UIC.

i live in elk grove by elk grove high school and work tomorrow = /

Tyrant TT
02-16-2009, 08:30 AM
The group buy is now closed. We will be depositing the money from Paypal into our bank account and then will transfer the funds from there. It will take 2-3 days for that money to hit our account and we will do the transfer the same day. I will be keep you guys up to date. Thanks.

DjGenuine
02-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Yo Exe...its still 8:30am...I sent payment...let me know if I made it in time.
Thanks.

Tyrant TT
02-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Yea your fine. No worries.

DjGenuine
02-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Coo, Thanks bro.

Tyrant TT
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
We're expecting the money from Paypal will be hitting our bank account this morning so once that occurs we will be sending the money on to the manufacturer. I will keep everyone up to date.

Tyrant TT
02-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Update: Just wanted to let everyone know that we finally got the money from Paypal into our account. We are transferring the money to Yiton Group tomorrow morning and from there it could take 24-48 hours to clear their account. I will keep everyone up to date but I figured i would give ya details so everyone knows the current time line. Thanks!

tiguy99
02-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Can't wait to see these in person! Wish I had extra funds to make the GB. Dang!!! Oh well better luck next time.

Intel
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Stupid question but this thing has RCA pre-outs right? Ordering the stuff for the maxima and was trying to remember if I need to get a line convertor(grumble)

Tyrant TT
02-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Wire transfer to Yiton Group took place this morning. Intel I will try my best to find out the answer to your question.

RamsZ33
02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
gotcha...
how about me second question?
My lady is getting one for her car, and I would be responsible for the parts order - want to make sure that all is correct when I do get them parts.
thanks

http://metraonline.com/fit.aspx

That site will show the parts that fit, ebay can be confusing sometimes and makes you think you need a special part for certain years that cost twice as much (like the wiring harness for 06-08 models). Search for the model number and it will come up. Hope that helps.

Foques
02-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks!
As you can see, the post was quite old, and I already ordered things from Crutchfield.
Should have all wiring harnesses tomorrow. :)

RamsZ33
02-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah sorry, I figured it was too late. I discovered that site last night when I ordered my harnesses and subs.

egz
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Stupid question but this thing has RCA pre-outs right? Ordering the stuff for the maxima and was trying to remember if I need to get a line convertor(grumble)

it does but if you have a system or factory amp you will need to get the converters like i did...there should be pictures of them somewhere in this thread

Tyrant TT
02-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Head units ship tomorrow! 5-7 days and we should have our hands on them.

.eric
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Head units ship tomorrow! 5-7 days and we should have our hands on them.

:cheers:

jeremycliff
02-25-2009, 09:48 AM
sweeet!

Foques
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
awesome!

Intel
02-25-2009, 11:25 AM
it does but if you have a system or factory amp you will need to get the converters like i did...there should be pictures of them somewhere in this thread

Maybe there is a missunderstanding on what a pre-out is. I mean can I hook up my RCA's from my Amps directly into the units RCA plugs which are sending out a signal that is not amplified. Usually they are 2v or possibly 4v or 5v.

What you referenced looks to be a line convertor which takes the copper output wires that would normally go to speakers and converts that amplified signal to a RCA connector for use by an amplifier.

Rich82
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Aww Yeah!!!

Tyrant TT
02-26-2009, 08:44 AM
I was given a tracking number today and I was told 3 days till delivery. I would figure more like 5 but we can hope!

DjGenuine
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Yes! Thats what Im talking bout.

Tyrant TT
03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
The head units are on truck for delivery! Thanks

egz
03-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Maybe there is a missunderstanding on what a pre-out is. I mean can I hook up my RCA's from my Amps directly into the units RCA plugs which are sending out a signal that is not amplified. Usually they are 2v or possibly 4v or 5v.

What you referenced looks to be a line convertor which takes the copper output wires that would normally go to speakers and converts that amplified signal to a RCA connector for use by an amplifier.

yes the unit has RCA's and i have my subs connected to them but i also had to get this special harness for my car since it has the bose system.

The harness converts the signal coming out of the hu (that would connect straight to the stock speakers) into an rca signal so the bose amp can pick it up and not over power the stock internal speakers.

Im sorry im not that great with systems since this was my first install of one so that y im havin a hard time explaining it but i did some research and the way i have it hooked up is still working great and the subs pound soooooo much harder now than with the stock hu!

if you still have a ? let me know an ill try to clarify better

Tyrant TT
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
They have arrived! Lets talk about a meet location and time. I am thinking this Saturday around 12pm noon in Naperville.

jeremycliff
03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
yay! i'll be for sure grabbing mine this week. :)

egz
03-02-2009, 07:14 PM
wat bout the meet on friday??

jeremycliff
03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
chris is to big of a puss puss to bring his car out. plus idk how many people that got them are actually going to that meet

Tyrant TT
03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Way to much product to put in the Z. I can't make it either way.

supervinn
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
meet friday sounds good. I think Buddha is having a meet friday. perhaps we can all meet there then cruise

supervinn
03-02-2009, 07:33 PM
oh yeah didn't thought of that.. lol any 1 from the city is picking one up?

Rich82
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
im actually off on friday and was contemplating on going to the meet. We should do it then. 2 birds with 1 stone. whats everyone else think.

Tyrant TT
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Sorry guys I can't make it out Friday.

RamsZ33
03-03-2009, 12:53 AM
i'll most likely have to get it from you next weekend when i go on spring break, where do you live?

Tyrant TT
03-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Who that ordered is going to be up at the Chicago meet? I could give a few of the units to JeremyCliff and he could dispense them to the people there. Let me know.

jeremycliff
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Oh thanks for making me the uhaul Z asshole. lol. but i was actually going to ask you about that.

.eric
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Chris, can we just pick it up from you directly?

DjGenuine
03-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Im good for a meet Friday or Saturday.

Tyrant TT
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Chris, can we just pick it up from you directly?

Yes, you can pick them up straight from me. You have two options in respect to that...

A.) You can PM me and I can give you my home address in Bolingbrook and we can setup a pick up time.

B.) You can PM me and I can have the head units waiting in Naperville at our new facility there. If this is what you want to do we will have to set a time and date due to limited staff being there during the day due to us still setting everything up.

Other then that we will try and meet Saturday or Sunday for a mini pick-up meet.

.eric
03-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Cool ... so do you have the units in your possession already?

Tyrant TT
03-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Cool ... so do you have the units in your possession already?

Yes. You could pick up as early as noon today as long as you bring your paypal receipt with you.

supervinn
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Who that ordered is going to be up at the Chicago meet? I could give a few of the units to JeremyCliff and he could dispense them to the people there. Let me know.

that'll be great!! if its fine with jeremycliff!!

http://www.chicagoz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17811

Tyrant TT
03-03-2009, 12:10 PM
If this is something you guys going to the meet want to do I need to know for sure if your going and what your paypal address was. I will then give the units to Jeremy to dispense to you guys. PM me with this information.

hloor
03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Chris would it be possible to pick mine up in naperville tomorrow around noon? Also I have a truck and live in chicago. I live by Wright college on Montrose and narragansett in Chicago. So if its ok with Chris to pick my unit up tomorrow I can pick any one elses up if they want and you guys can pick them up after 6 tomorrow when I get home from work since I will be in naperville doing my route tomorrow, so I won't charge no gas money or anything to pick your unit up.

Tyrant TT
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
No one will be available in Bolingbrook till around 2pm tomorrow. That being said if you want to come then that's fine I just need to know your paypal account email and bring your receipt. As for anyone taking units for other members goes...I will need to make sure the other member writes me via PM on this board and tells me it's alright to release their unit to you. Let me know

hloor
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
No wouldn't be able to do 2 I could do one at the latest I need to be in elgin by 215. I guess ill pick it up Saturday

DjGenuine
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
eXe-Chris,

I work in the Naperville area, can I pick up today after 4:30pm?

If not, I can do anyday this week after 4:30pm...

Let me know. Thanks.

Tyrant TT
03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
you got a PM

DjGenuine
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
yo eXe-Chris...sent you a pm.

Tyrant TT
03-06-2009, 07:42 AM
They are almost all picked up!

Rich82
03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
pm sent

hloor
03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
you got a pm chris

jeremycliff
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
^^ didn't we meet up yesterday? lol

hloor
03-06-2009, 06:08 PM
yea i got a question for him lol

Tyrant TT
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
ohhhhh k. Well it turns out one of our fine customers got his head unit installed and everything works great! Thats great news but apparently his head unit came with all the maps for every state other then Illinois. I know thats crazy but it's true. That being said I have already notified the manufacturer and they are:

A) Either providing new SD cards with new maps
B) Providing a link where you can download the maps
C) TBD

Foques
03-06-2009, 07:07 PM
lol
awesome! :D

Tyrant TT
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Update: We will be providing new SD Cards for any units that are missing the Illinois maps.

jeremycliff
03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
lol. talk about a random ass mistake.

Tyrant TT
03-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Well we only know of the one without the map so it could be isolated. Either way not a big deal and will be fixed fast.

hloor
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
thanks alot chris i appreciate it bro.

Tyrant TT
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
If you have a SD card reader we can skip the hassle of sending you out one and give you a link to download the new maps.

hloor
03-06-2009, 09:05 PM
ok i do just send me the link and ill download it no problem

Joe Colon
03-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey Guys! Just checking in to see how you like this HU, and to see if anyone has decided they didn't like it and might want to sell it. Shoot me a PM!

.eric
03-07-2009, 04:42 AM
+1 on link to maps please ... or if there is anyone available tomorrow night to meet with a working one I can copy PM me!

And maybe I just didn't play around with it enough but how do you get the gps working with the radio/ipod/cd?

Tyrant TT
03-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Eric I will message EGZ and find out how he did it. I know it can be done though.

hloor
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Chris what's going on with the link?

Tyrant TT
03-07-2009, 09:41 PM
It will be Monday before I get that. They are closed on the weekends. Sorry for the delay.

.eric
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
hey Chris, how come the one's I received have a completely different interface and the unit itself looks different too? The one in EGZ's videos looks a hell of a lot cleaner (the interface part of it). It's like I have a completely different model? :confused:

Tyrant TT
03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
No it's the exact same model. I know they updated the software a bit since but none of the features or anything changed. Very sorry if your un happy with any part of it. PM me if your not satisfied, we stand behind these units 100%.

egz
03-08-2009, 01:29 PM
hey Chris, how come the one's I received have a completely different interface and the unit itself looks different too? The one in EGZ's videos looks a hell of a lot cleaner (the interface part of it). It's like I have a completely different model? :confused:

i did alot of adjusting of the picture to make it look that clean just go to settings/picture and adjust the sharpness hue etc....

and i just downloaded my maps onto my comp so i can email them to you guys because its too big to put in a post 1.7 GB unless an admin can over ride that or is there a site where i can upload it an everyone could easily dl it?

egz
03-08-2009, 01:45 PM
plishboy15@yahoo.com <--- my email so just email me if you need the maps an ill send em ur way

Foques
03-08-2009, 02:36 PM
you can upload them on to the www.rapidshare.com.

egz
03-08-2009, 04:44 PM
^theres too many files to do that ill just email to those that email me

Intel
03-08-2009, 05:15 PM
zip them up and then upload.

Tyrant TT
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
We had another member with the Illinois maps so maybe it's jsut a few of them or one of them.

egz
03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
i have em zipped up just email me for maps

hloor
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
egz i emailed you for the maps bro.

egz
03-08-2009, 06:21 PM
ill get em sent as soon as they attach to an email....theyve been attaching for 10mins now = / i might just split it up into a few emails its a big file zipped.... alil over a gig

hloor
03-08-2009, 06:23 PM
oh ok, thanks for taking the time to do so.

egz
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
oh ok, thanks for taking the time to do so.

no problem for me, i just hope this attachment works

egz
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
email wont work i was just asking a tech how much i can send through email and max is 20 mb so i think i am stuck uploading to that site... this will take a while

.eric
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Any updates about getting the link to download the maps from the manufacturer or EGZ uploading the maps to rapidshare?

RamsZ33
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
we could probably transfer it on aim

egz
03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
sry guys i just got home from work

rams i could do the aim transfer....the other options didnt work out so well i only got 4 of the 12 100mb files uploaded becuase it was taking for ever (1hr 30 per file) i have slow internet = /

egz
03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
sending it over aim seems to b working the best i am currently zipping the whole map file into one zip file and will be able to send it all at once later 2nit sry for making you all wait ive never uploaded stuff to the internet and have a slow connection = /

Intel
03-09-2009, 11:27 PM
burn them to a cd and i can pick them up and possibly put them on a server somewhere

egz
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
burn them to a cd and i can pick them up and possibly put them on a server somewhere

when could u pick it up? if you have something with a card reader im at harper right now and have the card with me... the file takes up about 1.7gb

Tyrant TT
03-11-2009, 08:21 AM
If anyone is still missing maps or has any problems please contact me via PM. We will get you taken care of right away.

DjGenuine
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Yo, eXe-Chris...sent you a pm. Thanks!

Tyrant TT
03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Already got back to ya :)

.eric
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Has anyone here figured out how to get the gps to work with the radio/dvd/cd/ipod yet? EGZ said to hold the mode button for a few seconds while in one of those modes and the gps should appear but it just changes the mode or turns the unit off.